Factory trim tabs on Lowe 1860 CC

RangerJ

Cadet
In a previous post, I inquired as to the purpose of the rectangular aluminum protrusions on the hull of my Lowe 1860 cc. I also wrote the company, and in the briefest of responses, I was informed that they were indeed "trim tabs." (That's all it said.)

Since the manual doesn't mention them, I am not sure if they are ok where they are, or if I should bend them one way or another, or what.

In the short time I have had my boat, I have found that it cavitates in the vicinity of 15 mph (I don't have a tach so I can't tell you the rpms) I believe that my motor is positioned properly on the stern, with the cavatation plate just about even with the keel, so I am wondering if the trim tabs might make a difference.

I have only had the boat out four times, two of the in very rough waves, and I just haven't had the time to fool around with trimming the motor to see if it will eliminate the cavitating.

Basically, I am asking 1/ if others have noticed the cavitation and what they did, and 2/ what others may have done with the trim tabs.