1860 roughneck

lowensome1860

Recruit
I have a 2009 1860CC and i am wanting to put a leaning post in it.The problem I am having is the back deck is only 18" from the console I was wondering if any one else has done this and if they would share some dimensions of there project or pictures.

RangerJ

Cadet
Re: 1860 roughneck

I have a 2009 1860CC and i am wanting to put a leaning post in it.The problem I am having is the back deck is only 18" from the console I was wondering if any one else has done this and if they would share some dimensions of there project or pictures.

I haven't done it, but it looks like something you would have to have custom made. I would have two vertical aluminum pipes welded at the bottom to a flat plate that would be bolted to the deck. Then I would have either one or two more running back to a point about a foot further astern, and joining the two vertical ones in being welded either to a round horizontal section, or a flat plate, with the horizontal piece being upholstered. The stern pipes would act as a brace for the assembly.

It's easy for me to say, not having done it, but I can visualize it easy enough. I think it would vastly increase the pleasure of using your boat, if you are like me and like to stand up when I am running it. I will definitely consider doing the same myself, once my boat has some age on it so my wife doesn't notice.

Last edited: