Another: What model Lowe is this?

cptmarvel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
HIN OMCL605BJ596
Recently purchased, runs and floats well, but needs some work: all the accessory wiring is jacked and needs replacing, so a wire diagram may be helpful. The carpet needs replacing and I'm wondering if there is some pre-cut stuff out there. I'd also like to find a owner manual.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Not likely to find pre-cut carpet, wiring diagram or a helpful owners manual, even if you figure out the model.

Carpet/wiring probably never existed, and the owners manual doesnt have much relavent info about the boat, mostly generic boating operation/safety. Very basic.

Motor, yep, get yourself a service manual. Buy that nearly $1800 Nissan?

A pix and diminsions (boat length/width, transom height) might be helpful to ID it.

cptmarvel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Passed on that Nissan. Would have made that lil Jon boat far to expensive. Bought this one instead and sold the other.
Length 16'8"
Transom 20"
Beam 76" at top of gunwales, not waterline.

Has a 50 Johnson.
Factory wired for lights, but they don't work. As 4 toggle switches factory mounted on console. Socket for trolling motor factory mounted on bow deck. Wiring harnes from battery compartment up thru flooring under console.

Keeps saying my photo exceeds 2.0 meg. But it's like 165k. I'll try that again later

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well that looks like a pretty nice rig. You should enjoy fishing out of that. :thumb:

The wiring shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Just pick one toggle switch and trace it out looking for corrosion at any terminal connection. Clean them back to shiny metal and tighten them up and see if that fixes the problem. Then repeat that process with the other switches. Also clean the battery terminal(s)l as well. JMHO!

cptmarvel

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Thanks! That is part of my plan. Reason I was looking for a schematic is that harness is chock full of butt splices, wire nuts and different colered wires, wires that are just cut off and hanging etc. There is something hanging under the dash that looks rather like an alarm buzzer or such. It's that thing with 4 holes in it

Attachments

• photo249434.jpg
    photo249434.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
Thanks! That is part of my plan. Reason I was looking for a schematic is that harness is chock full of butt splices, wire nuts and different colered wires, wires that are just cut off and hanging etc. There is something hanging under the dash that looks rather like an alarm buzzer or such. It's that thing with 4 holes in it

that is the engine alarm..... for over heat and or low oil..... it goes with the motor and controls...it didn't come with the boat initially probably...(unless the boat came with the motor as a package...

some of those loose ends are duplicate wiring for non plug in instruments... many wiring harness has the plugs ends with addition individual wires to wire up non systems matched gauges....don't worry about them...probably one in purple, one in red, one in black, and one in blue maybe...

bob