paint peeling off 2006 Lowe FS185

Stotadude

Cadet
I bought a used 2006 Lowe FS185 about 3 years ago and basically love the boat. It has a 115hp 4 stroke Merc with a 5hp Tohatsu kicker and we troll for walleye in Oneida Lake near Syracuse, NY. I bought it at a dealership but I actually knew the original owner of the boat and it had been stored inside all winters before I bought it. I drop the boat in the water in mid May and leave it in until late September when I pull it out and pressure wash the bottom. I noticed a few paint flakes the first year I had it and more and more each year. Now the portion of the boat below the water line is DSCN0233 (Large).JPG DSCN0236 (Large).JPG DSCN0238 (Large).JPG DSCN0237 (Large).JPG DSCN0230 (Large).JPG just plain nasty but you don't notice it when it is in the water. I'm fairly certain that this has no significant importance other than aesthetic. I started calling Lowe about 2 years ago and spoke with a Roy Vaughan who seemed at first to sympathize with me and willing to work with me to get me some touch up paint. However as time went on it was harder and harder to make contact with Roy and email exchanges took days if not weeks. In checking online I found that there was an issue with primer in 2006 and my boat just happens to be built at this time. I really feel that I am seeing a bonding issue where the paint and primer are falling off. I sent photos to Roy and at one point they offered to split the cost of a new paint job to be done at the factory but this would have cost me about $1700 and I could not justify spending this kind of money for cosmetic purposes. I am just wanting to put this out there that I feel Lowe does not stand behind their product and I don't care how many years have elapsed from date of mfr.