1959 15' Lone Star Newport Restomod

TOY BOAT

Seaman
I sold my 65 Arkansas traveler to buy a bigger boat. I came across this 1959 Lone Star Newport off craigslist. It has the original 59 Johnson 35hp, and trailer. Simple plans include restoring the boat to original condition right down to the exact paint scheme. But with a modern twist. I plan on updating the seats, adding a radio, building walls for the inside with storage, adding electronics, a bimini top, and maybe a new Evinrude outboard at some point. The transom is solid, and the floors are already done, so that saves me some coin and time. Trailer lights and tires are new, and the outboard just got a tuneup with a lower end oil change. So for now, we are going to do what we did with our last tin. Put it in the water, and have some fun.
Loanstar.jpg

newcarandboat014.jpg

newcarandboat013.jpg

newcarandboat015.jpg

newcarandboat016.jpg

Lonestarb59007.jpg

TOY BOAT

Seaman
Re: 1959 15' Lone Star Newport Restomod

So after several attempts to get the old Johnson to run correctly including a trip to the marina. I sold it, and purchased a 85 75hp merc with tilt and trim. Problem is that the controller handle in reverse hits the gunwale. What have you guys done to correct this? Spacers?

SSPX0430-1.jpg