Can anyone id this 1965 Lonestar 14 ft aluminum boat?

laura read

Recruit
IMAG0225.jpgIMAG0224.jpg
Need help finding out what this boat looked like originally.:confused: It belonged to my dad who passed away of cancer in December. I am looking to restore it.
Thanks

62 ROYAL SCOTT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Can anyone id this 1965 Lonestar 14 ft aluminum boat?

Hell-o you might try fiberclassic.com go to liebary for pic's scroll down to the year and click on pic to enlarge that 's the best i can do for you hope you get info.:)

Last edited:

nate_57malibu

Recruit
Re: Can anyone id this 1965 Lonestar 14 ft aluminum boat?

Hell-o you might try fiberclassic.com go to liebary for pic's scroll down to the year and click on pic to enlarge that 's the best i can do for you hope you get info.:)

Hi all! My wife (the original poster) and I are really excited to be restoring the boat. As you can tell by my username, we found out the boat is actually a 1957 Malibu...despite the registration saying 1965. Thanks for recommending fiberclassic. We've been doing a ton of info-searching, and iboats has been a great resource. Can't wait to pick your brains on the project. It's real late, but some time in the near future we'll be posting up a restoration thread. I've already starting making my list. First up is getting the transom repaired, and then we're going to have our marine shop check out the original '57 Lark that we were able to track down (it was in a family member's garage). From there, it's into the water to see if there's any leaks and whatnot. If anyone has any pointers to COMPLETE boat newbs, we're all ears! Up to this point, the most experience we have with boating, other than the very occasional 'friend with a boat' trip, is our kayaks. Oh, and if anyone knows where I can get my hands on a 57 Evinrude Lark control panel cover insert (part#203976), I'd love to hear from you.