Lonestar please help need info

fliguy4

Recruit
I have a 1960 Lonestar coronado 14 foot Aluminum boat. The serial number tag on the back has been scratched and painted over. I have put an 8 HP Yamaha shortshaft but it's just not enough for the wind on bigger lakes. I need to know if a 25 HP Yamaha is too much motor or just right. I have re-inforced the inside of the transom with a steel plate so if anybody has any info on these older lonestar max motor weights on this model. Thanks.

bikecop1

Seaman
Re: Lonestar please help need info

These were rated for 18-40hp motors. Can you post a pic of your modification.
Lonestarb59006.jpg

Last edited:

gsymes

Recruit

I have a 1960 Lonestar Malibu 14 foot Aluminum boat. The serial number tag on the back has been scratched and painted over. I have put an 8 HP Yamaha shortshaft but it's just not enough for the wind on bigger lakes. I need to know if a 25 HP Yamaha is too much motor or just right. I have re-inforced the inside of the stern with a steel plate so if anybody has any info on these older lonestar max motor weights on this model. Thanks.
I was given a three seater 14/15 ft Lone star last week and the tag on it says "Max 25 HP" The transom was marine plywood which is rotted out but the tags were still there. I have replaced the marine plywood with cypress and sealed the rear seams. I finally found the Serial number on the back transom on the left hand side just under the corner fitting. Greg

fliguy4

Recruit

i have takin the foam out from under the front seat to put a battery under i covered the transom plywood with a thin sheet of steel and is a lot stronger than before im going to strip and repaint it soon and will throw up pictures when i am finished with it im throwing a 20hp or a 25hp yamaha 4stroke on her the top half im painting it the same metalic gray as the yamaha motor the bottom half will be black i think she will look killer on the water but im not sure if its a coronado or a malibu they look so alike

bikecop1

Seaman

From what I can tell the malibu had seatback supports for the rear bench and the coronado was just a bench.

fliguy4

Recruit

well it must be a coronado then cause there are no sign of support brackets for the rear of the seats hey thanks man ill post pictures when i get done with her

fliguy4

Recruit

so i have been done with my lonestar since the end of may but i cant figure out how to post the photos of it it turned out sweet better than i hoped it would

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Check out the link in my signatue below. It will tell you how to post your pics.