1958 Lone Star

fooz37

Recruit
Hey guys...new to this whole boating thing, my first boat and it just happens to be a 1958 Lone Star. After doing just a little bit of research on the web about it i am looking forward to restoring this boat to its basically original glory with just a few modern updates.I could use a little help if possible on finding out more about the boat thought i read somewhere that Lone Star did not really keep any kinds of records on their boats so i ask you guys. After scraping about 20 layers of paint off i actually found the serial # B83310216 and it looks like the original color was blue and the reason i say that is because it is the color the was left inside the serial number stamp.When i picked the boat up it had been turned into a duck boat..someone had actually put blinds on it the pull up about 5 feet off the boat which i removed before i even loaded the boat to the truck, she had about 2 feet of water inside which i thought was good at first cause hell if it holds water inside that means she should float...lol..then after getting most of the water out and started looking around and noticed the wood that was there and said "thats not very good at all" but none of it scares me i work at a collision shop fixing wrecked cars for a living so any work that needs to be done i am fully capable of doing myself. I will be taking pictures as i progress along, i just took a few with my phone after i got it back to the shop.

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
  • boat 4.jpg
    boat 4.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0
  • boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0

Diesel Biker

Recruit
Re: 1958 Lone Star

Hello, Dave here in CA, I just bought a 1958 Lone Star yesterday also.

Good Luck,
Dave

Last edited:

British Tool

Recruit

I also have a 58 Malibu. Mine is red and white. I made seats according to the ones that were in there, and they look like the sales brochure. They are step through. Mine will be in blue. It's rated for a 40 HP motor. Mine came with a 45 HP Johnson Seahorse. I need a period trailer and some "Look Good Trinkets".

My SN is: B8343XXX. How close are we?

How do I post pics?

windjunkie67

Recruit

hello. I am considering an eldorado 1956 for restoration. I welder friend of mine was telling me about aluminum fatigue. These boats were made from WW2 aircraft aluminum ? That seems to be some metal that has been through alot of day night cycles. temperature differences etc.. Was wondering if anyone had similar concerns.