'57 Lonestar Malibu

scottcannon

Cadet
I have a '57 Lonestar Malibu (aluminum, 14-foot I believe) which has been handed-down from my father to me. Except for freshwater lake trips in West Texas and New Mexico, it has been stored in a boathouse or garage its entire life. It is in near-new condition and runs great.

I take it to the lake once or twice every couple of years. My brother and I learned to ski behind it as well as my wife and kids. It is yellow/white and has the original Johnson Gold Javelin 35HP engine with electric start. My father and his brothers made a home-made trailer for it. The only work that has been done to it is the seat upholstery replaced when the original cracked from age. We tried to match the original as close as possible. I will send pictures as soon as I can take a couple and upload them.

My question is: If a person wanted to sell a boat like this, does anyone have a rough idea (or WAG) what it is worth? Thanks.

scottcannon

Cadet
Re: '57 Lonestar Malibu

Sorry for the dealy, but I finally pulled the boat out of storage and put it in the garage where I can take a couple of photos. Any thoughts on what something like this would be worth?

Attachments

• 57LoneStar01_compressed.jpg
    57LoneStar01_compressed.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 57LoneStar02_compressed.jpg
    57LoneStar02_compressed.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0
  • 57LoneStar03_compressed.jpg
    57LoneStar03_compressed.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0

bikecop1

Seaman

Hey Scott, I'm picking up a boat just like yours tomorrow but it has been completely stripped inside. Can you email me some pics of the interior, especially how the seats are mounted. I want to see what the original configuration was. Thanks.

Bdonnell

Cadet

Wow... My first boat was a 1958 Lone Star Malibu with Fins. Had a 35hp Evinrude Lark motor. I paid $500 for boat motor and trailer, but it wasn't as nice as yours and was missing the windshield. I'd guess somewhere around $1000-$1500 but that's a complete WAG.