61 Vacationer 17'

lonestarlover

Recruit
I'm looking for information concerning original make and size of motor. It's a 1961 Lonestar Vacationer 17' fiberglass with a cabin. I'm also looking for the lonestar emblems that go on both sides.

OV1961

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 61 Vacationer 17'

I'm looking for information concerning original make and size of motor. It's a 1961 Lonestar Vacationer 17' fiberglass with a cabin. I'm also looking for the lonestar emblems that go on both sides.

Sorry for the late reply, haven't logged in here for a while.

I have the same boat and it was rated for 90 horsepower I believe. In 1961 they were all under 100 Hp. The independent dealers powered the boats with the motors they sold, so it could have been Mercury, Evinrude, etc. 90 Hp or less, though probably not less than 50 Hp. Any period motor and controls could be considered "original". As for the emblems, keep searching fleabay and other boating sites. The badges were not standardized. You could put a matching set on and nobody would know if it came off another model or year. When I paint mine I am going with decals. One day I might get the badges restored.

DFB2U

Recruit
Re: 61 Vacationer 17'

Could you post some pictures of the Vacationer?? I just bought a 61 and the windshield was gone and I'd like to see what it is supposed to look like I've also got cracks in the cabin windows (front). Any idea what that would cost me to replace and any idea of where I might go for that?
Thanks so much!

Donna