Lone Star 'Cadet' fans

lostndawake

Recruit
fyi--It looks as if the Chrysler Cadet, and the Lone Star 'Classic' may be one in the same. Not sure, but I have (somewhere) a copy of a flyer I printed out from online. It was the Lone Star Boat companies flyer from when they were still operating. My brother-in-law bought an old boat from some old friends of his, then let it sit under a tree for 10 or so years. Never took it out. One day, while cleaning up his property, he ask me to pull ''That old boat down to the junk yard''. I went and looked at it, it just needed to be cleaned out and a little TLC. I asked him how much for it, and he said ''Here, here's the title, get it out of here.'' So off to the driveway it went. I cut out the rotten wooden floor, replaced it, fiberglassed over it, built to new fronnt seats, and added two swiveling fishing seats, went thru the motor, and it started right up. Was a blast on the lake. Amazing what a little wax will do for the exterior. Needless to say, besides the seats, its an all original 1964-5 Lone Star "Classic", according to my flyer. But now I'm seeing it in the Chrysler boats too, as a 'Cadet' (Maybe). I'm going to try a run the serial numbers to make sure. It has the original 33 hp outboard on it, but have since, lost the windshield to a microburst (dang it). If I can find the flyer, I'll scan it and post it. Its a 14' fiberglass V hull, but the plate says it can take 55 hp or less. We'll see! Happy boating!

lostndawake

Recruit
Re: Lone Star 'Cadet' fans

Whooooaaa!:eek: My bag! Just found new info on my boat, its a Lone Star ''Salem'' 1962. Not made by Chrysler. But it does look like the Cadet, only bigger load capacity and larger motor hp. Sorry, for the mis-information! Still looking for the original flyers I have somewhere. Have a nice day.

Re: Lone Star 'Cadet' fans

Lost,
As you can see in my avatar, I recently purchased a 14 ft Lone Star. I am also interested in confirming the exact year and model. I was lead to believe that it is a 1965 but I'm not sure . Any info you come up with in your search would be very helpful. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I just signed up for the Yahoo group and will start reviewing their material as well.
Tim