1958 lonestar

imported_bigguy

Recruit
can anyone give me a rough idea of what the restored value is on a 14ft with a restored 28 hp evinrude may be. any help is appreciated, thanks rich.

imported_bigguy

Recruit
Re: 1958 lonestar

i need the value on a restored 58 lonestar 14ft, bwsides the motor, thanks to anyone who can help me out. rich.

rtmalartie

Recruit

Send photo of 1958 LoneStar, with separate pictures of outboard. WIll evaluate; have restored several 1958 LoneStar Montereys and/with 60 hp outboards.

roofus

Seaman

Don't mean to but in, but I am restoring a 58 Monterey. Check out my post in rebuild and restoration.

As for the value. Wow! I'm not sure I haven't been working on mine for long and I've got alot of labor in her. Itl' be hard to recover that!

lonestar1958

Recruit

Don't mean to but in, but I am restoring a 58 Monterey. Check out my post in rebuild and restoration.

As for the value. Wow! I'm not sure I haven't been working on mine for long and I've got alot of labor in her. Itl' be hard to recover that!

How much did you put into the restoration? I just bought a 58 lonestar and would like to restore it as well.

roofus

Seaman

My experience in restoration comes from growing up and working for my father. We restored classic cars for really rich guys for a living so I fell so far that boats and hot rods are coparable. Hot rod boats are another thing.

I'm not far enough along with my boat to speak to the total cost. If you figure your labor at $125 per hour depending on how meticulus you are you will rack up a big number there.

Materials really aren't too expensive but if you live on a budget and have a day job don't expect to buy all your materials in one fell swoop. They add up quick.

I hope I don't discourage you! this is a very relaxing and rewarding hobby. It almost becomes a lifestyle. Stick with it and stay within your means and in the end the thing will be priceless to you and that's all that matters. right?

Famous quote from my POP. " They can put a price tag on anything, but it is only worth what someone is willing to pay."

Rob

fishdog4449

Chief Petty Officer

The value you put in and the actual amount it is physically worth may be more than a buyer would be willing to pay for such a package, even if it is meticulously restored. Pics would be helpful for us to determine further.

roofus

Seaman

The value you put in and the actual amount it is physically worth may be more than a buyer would be willing to pay for such a package, even if it is meticulously restored. Pics would be helpful for us to determine further.

I totally agree! But if it is not for sale you will never know. All you can do is keep track of what you put in it and hope to at least cover your materials.

I have found over the years with hot rods that if you are in it for the money you might as well get a job. You will never recover your labor. never. Even if someone pays for it. The greatest value you will recieve is the relaxation and enjoyment of the process. Enjoy!

Rob