I guess iam a Lone Star person now.

84CJ7

Seaman Apprentice
After dragging out a huge thread in the resto forum I dragged home a 23 foot '58 Lone Star Cruise Liner, I guess thats the biggest of the Lone Star fleet.<br /><br />Does that qualify me as a capital ship?<br /><br />Just in case anyone hasnt seen this site:<br /> http://homepage.mac.com/davidkrommes/PhotoAlbum13.html <br />this is where I found the info to identify my boat and year since I have no hull numbers left and the title is all incorrect or state issued stuff. I have fins on the back so its not a 59 and short roof rails with the optional flying bridge (top windshield) wheras the 57 has long rails and no option for the windshield I dont think, so its a 58, a little of each.<br />No 58 brochure on the site for my boat so I cant be sure though. You could use that site to identify most of the lone star boats even if the year isnt right.<br /><br />Just have to pick a motor and throttle/shift controls come spring and it'll be back on the water. Adding a new water system for the "kitchen" and toilet for the head will come a little after that. Then maybe some cosmetics.<br /><br />EDIT:<br /> http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/projectTut,p,160,00.html <br />theres the boat.<br />Also I noted those brochures are all buried somewhere on the fiberglassics site too.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I guess iam a Lone Star person now.

super boat. congrates on finding it.

libaredneck

Cadet

hey 84cj7 your have a head? mine does. i hope like heck someone can help me get title to it. i traded it from a scrap metal company who was gonna get her for her alum... that would have been a shame. im not a avid boater but love the lines and look of her. anyway later REDNECK

84CJ7

Seaman Apprentice

Sorry I haven't checked in for a few months.

Good to save one of these. I doubt I would even need to take my shoes off to count all the cruise liners that are still left. Any pictures you have of it, especially of any original stuff would be appreciated.
My boat has a state issued VIN on it and the title says its a 1957 22 foot lone star. Its 23 feet and may be a 58 however, if anyone ever figures out the difference between those 2 years please tell me.
Dunno what your states laws are but you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a new title for it since its ancient, theres some title companies online that work through states with less strict title laws that could help.

I finally got the boat on the water and was completely suprised, somehow a 23 foot cuddy cruiser with a 1984 Johnson V4 90 HP will do 35 mph, I haven't quite figured that one out yet, but I think it has something to do with the boat sitting entirely on the water instead of in the water like a normal hull would. The flat bottom distributes the weight so evenly that it goes like a water ski. Funny as hell when the bow really digs in though, its like hitting the brakes and a wall of water will shoot out in a forward 90 degree arc for about 30 or 40 feet and then splash all the way back to the flying bridge windshield, I'd really love to see it from another boats point of view. The thing literally draws about 3 or 4 inches of water too so I can skim over anything with the engine up and easily drag it right up to any beach. And its so light its easy to pull off the beach again. Its somewhat narrow width makes it roll like a flower class destroyer though, if your unlucky enough to be on the roof when a big wide wake hits broadside you better lay flat and hang onto both railings or youll be flung a good 15 feet into the water. Not really noticeable when the boat is moving though.

I will be adding a dump out toilet soon, which is like a 2 second install and only $100 or so. If you have an original toilet I really wanna see that since from the looks of the factory holes in the bottom of the hull, the original toilet used to draw water and dump out right through the hull, I'll hafta pull up the aluminum plate where it used to be in the bathroom and have a look.