1963 LoneStar

joemamma_222

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well the title says alumcraft Alpex sea but thats besides the point (seller pulled the wool over my eyes)<br /><br />I'm looking for a MFG tag on the Boat. It's 100% Aluminum and all I can find is the Max HP and Weight limit placard. here's the Boat. Anyone know where they put the serial/hull numbers ? I can post a pic But not sure how to here.....<br /><br />
lonestarb63007.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1963 LoneStar

It's Old Enough...There's Probably No HIN on it.... Go ahead and use the title you have....

joemamma_222

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok Coool ! So older boats are exempt from Hull numbers ? I was afraid to goto the Ohio Div of watercraft thinking they might find a Hull number and say it's stolen or somthing...<br />Thanks for the reply !

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

And it's definately an Alumacraft or Starcraft hull (judging by photo).

84CJ7

Seaman Apprentice

A little fuzzy but I believe it says Lone*Star in silver or chrome cursive script below the windshield on the side of the boat. This looks like a brochure pic, you are saying this is what your boat looks like? Are you sure its a 63? If the brand isnt even right who knows if the year is, my title has no specific model and several wrong dates and even the wrong hull length on it.

Corbinkcrc

Recruit

Originally posted by 84CJ7:<br /> A little fuzzy but I believe it says Lone*Star in silver or chrome cursive script below the windshield on the side of the boat. This looks like a brochure pic, you are saying this is what your boat looks like? Are you sure its a 63? If the brand isnt even right who knows if the year is, my title has no specific model and several wrong dates and even the wrong hull length on it.
Yes Its a 1963 LoneStar Medallion 16' fit for a 90hp outboard. Its in very good condition, very deep and very stable. I just bought the boat from Joemomma, who posted the thread. One thing I have found is that this boat has very litle build history. The boat is very close to that of the starcraft runabout for the year only that this boat is built for big water. I purchased the boat for $300 and got a 66 Johnson Meteor 90 for scrap. If anyone has any original pictures of a medallion I would love to see them.<br />Thanks <br />Corbin

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the picture in this thread is from a catalog on Fiberglassics.com