Source for canvas materials - larson 330 cabrio

Status
Not open for further replies.

red.donzi

Cadet
I have a 2000 larson 330 cabrio.
Trying to fix my cockpit cover, the rubber seal used to secure cover to windshield is dry rotted and ripped/falling apart. It is designed to push down into a track, does NOT use snaps (wish it did).
I can not locate this component anywhere, partially because i dont know what it is called, possibly welting, but not sure.
OEM was ameritex/taylor made and can find no reference to this antiquated way of securing canvas/cover. It is not the sure seal advertised on their site, it is much older and based on what a PIA it is, cant imagine it being used for long.
Hoping to find a source for this so i can replace on cockpit cover and side curtains.
Any help greatly appreciated.

PIPER MIKE

Cadet
Re: Source for canvas materials - larson 330 cabrio

Couldnt you just add snaps to the cockpit cover and windshield frame ?

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

I've had some luck finding Larson OEM stuff at greatlakesskipper.com and Doug Russell Marine on ebay.

red.donzi

Cadet

Actually the windshield already had snaps for the windscreen/isinglass, so I was able to rivet some straps with snaps to attach it in the short-term. I have since found original supplier (ameritex) and have ordered the component. They are calling it Sure Seal and I believe this is the newer stuff and NOT what I have but I will know within a few days when my shipment arrives.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Couldnt you just add snaps to the cockpit cover and windshield frame ?

Status
Not open for further replies.