X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for canvas materials - larson 330 cabrio

I have a 2000 larson 330 cabrio.
    Trying to fix my cockpit cover, the rubber seal used to secure cover to windshield is dry rotted and ripped/falling apart. It is designed to push down into a track, does NOT use snaps (wish it did).
    I can not locate this component anywhere, partially because i dont know what it is called, possibly welting, but not sure.
    OEM was ameritex/taylor made and can find no reference to this antiquated way of securing canvas/cover. It is not the sure seal advertised on their site, it is much older and based on what a PIA it is, cant imagine it being used for long.
    Hoping to find a source for this so i can replace on cockpit cover and side curtains.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Source for canvas materials - larson 330 cabrio

Couldnt you just add snaps to the cockpit cover and windshield frame ?

Comment

I went to rochfordsupply.com Black Vadney Clips , Apparel Snaps, Fasteners, Black Vadney Clips , Windshield Clips from Rochford Supply - Your Online Textile and Upholstery Superstore!

They have clips for windshields...you might be able to give them a call? Or go by a local upholstery shop and see what they have available?

11/2015-Current 2003 Cobalt 220: 5.7GXi Volvo Penta DP

9/2013-1/30/2016 1996 Chris Craft Concept 18: 5.0FL Volvo Penta SX Outdrive 1.66-SOLD

8/2007-9/2012 1982 Baja BR184: 200 Mercury Blackmax
      -SOLD

"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Comment

I've had some luck finding Larson OEM stuff at greatlakesskipper.com and Doug Russell Marine on ebay.
        Location: West Central Illinois, USA 1997 Larson 186 SEi Bowrider I/O Mercruiser 350 #0F747565 Mag Alpha One Gen II #1A270120 Transom and Deck Restoration Project on my '97 Larson Bowrider

Comment

Actually the windshield already had snaps for the windscreen/isinglass, so I was able to rivet some straps with snaps to attach it in the short-term. I have since found original supplier (ameritex) and have ordered the component. They are calling it Sure Seal and I believe this is the newer stuff and NOT what I have but I will know within a few days when my shipment arrives.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Originally posted by PIPER MIKE View Post
          Couldnt you just add snaps to the cockpit cover and windshield frame ?

Comment

Working...
          X