Just bought 1987 Larson DC-190

Old Yeller Boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sold my 1987 Sunbird Corsair and bought a Larson off of my sister-in-law. I didn't get a great deal as far as price and book value go, but I did get a boat that I know the complete history on. I'm the third owner. Original owner owned the boat for about 18 years, always stored it inside and was good about maintenance. In 2005 the motor went south and they put a brand new 3.7 liter crate motor in it (short block). My sister-in-law's husband had it converted to electronic ignition and alternator installed, replaced gimble bearings and boots, and has been very good about maintenance and winterizing. It's got about 50 hours on the new motor.

All seats are still original and not ripped up. the cusions in the front are age and weather cracking because he has a cockpit cover, but not a bow cover.

This is the same boat I posted about last fall that had an overheating problem due to rubber pieces of the impeller getting into the cooling system. The heat exchanger was opened up and a number of rubber bits were removed. I'm going to double check the water system to be sure the rest is clear, but otherwise she's ready for water as soon as I fill the outdrive with oil.

Attached pic is NOT my boat, but looks identical. I found this on the web and have not taken pics of mine yet.

Attachments

• 1987 Larson 4.JPG
    1987 Larson 4.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 4

skidoolt58

Recruit
Re: Just bought 1987 Larson DC-190

:facepalm: Hi, do you have any pictures of the interior? We just bought a 1980 something Larson that looks very similar to restore. I haven't been able to find any pictures of the interior and your boat looks identical to ours. Any pictures of the inside would be greatly appreciated! The motor is original and I'm having problems with the lift motor. I did find the service manual on here, which will be a huge help. Hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew..Thanks.

Sold my 1987 Sunbird Corsair and bought a Larson off of my sister-in-law. I didn't get a great deal as far as price and book value go, but I did get a boat that I know the complete history on. I'm the third owner. Original owner owned the boat for about 18 years, always stored it inside and was good about maintenance. In 2005 the motor went south and they put a brand new 3.7 liter crate motor in it (short block). My sister-in-law's husband had it converted to electronic ignition and alternator installed, replaced gimble bearings and boots, and has been very good about maintenance and winterizing. It's got about 50 hours on the new motor.

All seats are still original and not ripped up. the cusions in the front are age and weather cracking because he has a cockpit cover, but not a bow cover.

This is the same boat I posted about last fall that had an overheating problem due to rubber pieces of the impeller getting into the cooling system. The heat exchanger was opened up and a number of rubber bits were removed. I'm going to double check the water system to be sure the rest is clear, but otherwise she's ready for water as soon as I fill the outdrive with oil.

Attached pic is NOT my boat, but looks identical. I found this on the web and have not taken pics of mine yet.

Old Yeller Boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Just bought 1987 Larson DC-190

sorry I had not checked back on this thread, but would be happy to help you out any way I can. I sent you a PM, so if you are still around, let me know.