Water in storage locker

204 Escape

Ensign
After EVERY outing, we clean our 2006 204 Escape throughly. By that I mean wash dry, clean the glass, shop vac everything.

We have since day 1 noticed that in the floor storage locker that there is ALWAYS some water. We have raised the front of the boat, shop vac'd the storage area and all. STILL show water. It don't matter whether we've taken it out or not.

SO, I called the dealership, and he called LARSON. Problem, (according to LARSON). is the floor drain is too high to allow good drainage.

We have taken a air hose, and blown the water as best we can to rid it out of the area, to no aveil.

Anyone had this problem ?? :confused:

ALSO, found out that if you have a stiff boot on skis, they will NOT fold down flat enough to get the skis in the storage locker.

What would you do with this unit??

Re notify LARSON ??

Thanx,

jermedic

Cadet
Re: Water in storage locker

Have you seen my "standing water in the bow" posted recently in the Larson forum? I believe we may be having the same problem. I notice my water after hosing or after a rain...still trying to find the source, don't think it's the anchor well anymore, may be one of my stanchions or cleats. By bow I mean in the storage compartment in the bow of the cuddy cabin. I have a 1994 larson hampton, thought some of the problem was coming from the anchor well so I fiberglassed it and weatherstripped it...thought problem was solved as my anchor well had standing water in it that I thought was dripping (they were connected and it was part of the problem). Anyway I'm still getting the standing water, and I know it's not draining into the rest of the bilge. I'm thinking about drilling a hole in the aft part of the storage compartment for drainage, but then it would drain right on to my cuddy cabin's carpet. For now it is contained in my storage locker although it can get quite deep and I'm concerned about mildew forming in there.

I wish I knew what was directly beneath my storage locker, I'd love to drill a hole in it for drainage....

jermedic

Cadet

Oh I forgot, I've emailed Larson, awaiting a reply from them

204 Escape

Ensign

Who did you e-mail at LARSON, and when ??

I have a e-mail to the VP @ LARSON if I can find it.

jermedic

Cadet

I used the "Contact us" button on the the larsonboats.com website.

AZSenza

Chief Petty Officer

Mines the same, I think its rain water from the bow storage (anchor) locker, I use a prop rod to hold the storage locker door open when not in use. It helps a LOT, but its also very dry here in AZ and things dry out quick.

204 Escape

Ensign

I took the boat to the dealership last Saturday, for it's winterization.

While it is there, the warranty dept., has said, "That the gas tank may have shifted, causing the drain from the locker to be "pinched", and not allowing the water to drain."

I ask if the drain hole was built up to high, NOT ALLOWING the water to drain.

It is also in there for te SIRIUS stereo. It has NEVER linked up to the satellite since we bought it. It "will be fixed".

My problems are/have NOT been with the dealership, but LARSON's warranty dept., authorizing the work to be done.

I have been in contact with the head warranty guy, and the matter(s) are going to be/will be resolved.

We had a seat issue, as well, the vinyl seats, appeared to have a "stress crack", (that's the best way I know to describe them), in 4 of the bottoms of the seats in the boat.

The manufacturer of the seats, sent 4 of the "new bottoms" to the dealership. 2 of them were worse than the ones that I was complaining about.

Then the manuf. sent "duplicate" seats for the 2 seats that I kept.

2 more seats were sent, and they were NOT acceptable at all.

We notified the warranty dept., sent pics of the boxes the seats were sent in, they were terrible. The warranty dept., took care of it with a phone call. FINALLY got the new seats, and they look G O O D !!!!!!!

~~~ I know that I got off of the subject, but I feel better now !!!! ;) ~~~

204 Escape

Ensign

Here's an update.

Got the seats replaced with all new seats. I took the seat bottoms, to an upholstery shop, (of my choice, and at LARSON's expense), to find that there was a "sharp edge" around the entire seat bottom. (It is made of a plastic like material). AND, where there is a sewn seam, there are "gouges" in the seat bottom material, that were sharp. The shop sanded, and made them real smooth, and then covered the edges with 1/4" foam for extra protection.

The drain was found to have alot of carpet "snippings" that was plugging up the drain hole. The gas tank has NOT moved at all!!!!

Our Sirius radio had a bad "box", along with all of the cables. The box, has been replaced, along with all of the cables !!!!!!

NOW, I hope all of the problems are gone !!!!!!!!! ;)

montyfire

Recruit

I have a 2008 Larson 180 sport and have the same problem with water in the ski storage locker. It looks to me like the drain hole was placed to high. please post if yours has improved. Thanks.

mds47588

Cadet

Yes, I know an old thread but came across this while browzing to see if anyone else has the same issue. The drain hole in the ski locker is obviously placed about a half inch too high to allow the water to escape. Crazy how either engineering didn't catch this before production or it made it past all the Q/C steps before delivery....???