92 senza

Mybiggles

Seaman
Hey guys. I got my first boat about a year ago. It was a pretty hurting $500 cobra with a 115 merc I called the rickety cricket. It was pretty rotted and I only ended up using it 1 day. Around Christmas time this year I grabbed a 92 senza 170 lx with a 70hp force on it. I got a pretty good deal on the thing. Long story short I swapped the 115 Merc on it and sold the force for $800, and then my old cobra hull and trailer for $150. I took it out for the first time last weekend. Top speed with 1 of my friends was about 36mph. By myself I got it to about 42mpg and with 5 guys it was almost impossible to get it to plane but when it did it hit about 34mph. I was kinda expecting more from this. The old owner said it did 45mph with the force on it. Just wondering if anyone had any idea what I should be expecting from it. I already know I gotta lift the motor a few inches. Then I'm planning on rebuilding the carbs and fuel pump and then checking the timing\advance. I also ordered a portable tach that clips on a spark plug wire to find out what's up with the prop.

xkHaTdT.jpg

Other then that I'm in love with the hull design! Hope to keep it a few years. I vinyl painted the nasty rotting interior then plan to get it redone probably for next summer. Other then that the boats in really good shape