2009 330. Cabrio fuel gauge not working

Gusd

Recruit
Hello I have one fuel gauge that is reading empty even though I just put $250 in the tank. I have read trouble shooting post that suggests checking the fuel sending unit. The problem is I can't find where they are in the boat. Can anyone help with the location and how to access them? Thanks

tpenfield

Staff member
If the fuel tank is not visible from the bulkhead just forward of the engines, then check under the aft berth mattress. At this point, I would check for loose wiring both behind the gauge at the helm and at the sender. Be careful working around the fuel tank. Have the power off while you are checking the connections.

Gusd

Recruit
Perfect I will try at the gauge but 330 came in the day boat configuration with a table up front not a permanent berth. So I'm having trouble finding the sending units.

tpenfield

Staff member
Aft berth in the mid-cabin ? Is there one ? . . . not the front berth.

jforrest1

Seaman
I have a 310 and I have an access panel for the top of the starboard fuel tank in the storage space under the helm seating. The port tank access panel is in the storage space under the lounge seat in the cockpit across from the helm.

Gusd

Recruit
Thank you! I haven't looked there, makes sense since it's close to the fuel caps. I have been hunting down below with no luck.. I will check this weekend

Gusd

Recruit
Found it!! Thanks for you're help. It's under the bench beside the helm but behind an access hatch that looks like a small storage compartment. Problem is the hatch is small on the vertical and the sending unit is about 8" down on the horizontal. I can only see it with a mirror. Thanks I would have been looking for a long time.

jforrest1

Seaman
Good luck. My starboard tank gauge stopped working and I went on the hunt. Originally, I thought there may have been a valve to switch between the two tanks. While in storage and getting the boat ready for summer I put in about 60 gallons (5 gallons at a time) and that freed up the unit so it now works. I was struggling with how to access the little compartment but thankfully it never came to that!