how to find location of pump for sink

R.N.

Cadet
Hello everyone ,
I recently bought a 236 SEi and I have a lot of questions about it . I couldnt find a better place for Larson info than this forum here .
So here it is my question :
How do i reach the pump for the sink to check it ? I filled the water tank but when i press the switch nothing comes out .
Any idea where to start would be appreciated
Thank you

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Welcome aboard! I have a 1998 Wellcraft 240 SE that is likely similar. You likely have a small diaphragm pump located in the line from the freshwater tank to the outlet(s) in the engine room, near the freshwater tank.. Do you hear /can you feel the pump running when you turn the switch? If you do, and there is an in-line water filter, check to see if it's clogged. Assuming your setup is like mine, that's where I'd start

R.N.

Cadet
Well , I cant feel or hear anything when I press the switch . I tried to follow the hose and it goes under the deck but I did'nt see any opening towards the water tank.
How do you access the tank or pump?
Thank you.

R.N.

Cadet
OK , i solved the problem .
In the floor there was a compartment , walls were carpeted and screws were hidden ,
once removed the screws i could access the tank and of course the pump was rusted .

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Wow, that just sounds like a maintenance nightmare! :eek: