Need boat specs, only have HIN??? Help

drun_trucker

Seaman
I'm looking at getting a boat free and clear on a trade in the next few days. I am hoping to get a better idea of what I'm getting into before I go pick it up. Like the topic says I only have the Hull I.D.

I'm hoping that with that info there is a web site or something that can tell me more about the boat. I'd like to know the size, weight, seating configuration, motor and what not.

Anybody, help me please.

alldodge

Staff member
You posted this in the Larson section, so if it is a Larson made call or email Larson

Another method might be to search "hull identification number lookup", it comes back with a few places

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
HINs don't tell you much except the manufacturer. serial number and year.

As AD said - Try Larson to see if they can help.

This HIN decoder works - http://hindecoder.com/

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep ^^^

Another example of how different boat HINs are versus automotive VINs.

drun_trucker

Seaman
The HIN did not tell me much. I also searched Larson Archived Models and didn't find much. I was able to track down what looked to be a spreadsheet of models and applicable motor/drives. NONE of the applications showed options for V6's. Once I finally got this boat back home (now at the shop) I was able to look at it and noticed it is a 4.3L V6 OMC with Cobra outdrive. It looks to be in good shape I just need to get the carb off and cleaned out, plus drain fuel from the tank.

Cap and rotor are fine, ran out of time to check for spark this afternoon but we have power almost everywhere else. I'm excited to get it fired up.