Trailer for Larson 330 cabrio

Arisstoteles

Recruit
Hi everyone, I'd like some help with this challenging task. I have recently bought a 330 Cabrio 2004 and I am looking forward to get her on a nice functional trailer. Apart from the fact that this should be a triple axle one, capable to lift at least 15000lbs, my questions would be:
1. Rollers or bunks? My query on this is that having to do with a Delta conic Hull, if I get the roller option there should be probably a modification at least to the more central rollers, but over all I am not sure of the effectiveness of this. Additionally if i go to the bunk option I am afraid that the pointed tips of the delta step might be injured.
2. Should it be on spring axles or rigid ones? I know that the second option is more safe and strong, but I am wondering about the flexibility of a triple-axle trailer with rigid axles, and whether this is going to deliver more stress and injuries to the boat.
If anyone has already a similar boat on a trailer and has some suggestions or even some photos or even videos I would be grateful. I live in UK but I've got my boat in Greece.
Many thanks and happy new year.

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

I see the boat as 32 feet long and a 11.5 foot beam. Agree looking for a trailer with 15K lbs minimum capacity. The hull issue appears to only be on the far outside edge. I would recommend bunks, don't see a roller trailer being able to handle the weight distribution and the bunks help to keep it on the trailer from friction. If it had rollers you will need added strapping because going up or down hills the boat will want to roll forward or backwards.

Spring, straight or torsion all good if designed properly to handle the load. Torsion axle have less issue due to no spring components to flop in the wrong place. Guess my main point is find a manufacture that has been building lots of trailers for many years and they should be able to design one for you. Might also suggest a 5th wheel hitch coupler

Arisstoteles

Recruit
Cool, my only worry is that with the bunk trailers part of the anterior or posterior part of the Hull will not be supported properly, and I am also concerned about causing injuries to the step , particularly when loading it, as for the process of getting it in water, if the trailer goes deep enough the boat should float off. From the other hand you are correct that bunks are more safe for the boat to sit on, particularly for the transfer. I will do some calls to take some opinions by manufacturers, thanks!