Just inherited a 74 Invader Tri Hull

Crobles91

Recruit
Hi all!

I just inherited my familys 1974 Invader Tri Hull in board after a period of nearly 7 years drydock.

The condition it is in is fixable but not quite seaworthy nor what i want at the moment.

The sparkle paint up top is faded, the sparkles flaking off and a nasty red color, i want to paint it a nice deep blue-- What is recommended in not only the prep work but also the kind of paint to use, regular automotive or a specialty?

The stern drive needs to have the fluid put in- it was emptied for storage, from what i can tell it is a Mercruiser stern drive attached to an Inline 4 cyl GM engine. Looks alot like a 70's Iron Duke to me but i may be wrong (says its rated at 120HP so im guessing its lower than that.) What kind of fluid and a general capacity should i be looking at?

The rest of the restoration is going to be pretty easy. The carpet i have already picked out a replacement for ad the front seats are getting remade and new covers. The middle seats need new boxes made but are still in great shape and the engine cover seats and cover and in great shape

Downside: old looks like 8 track radio, cant get a single station to come in and the antenna IS connected.