gw invader 10ft Power Options?

Tod U

Recruit
I'm looking to remotor my invader and was wondering what you think would be best. 35 johnston departing. Would a four stroke be to heavy? Anyone run a new e-tech on one? What shaft length should I be shopping for? The transom is 20inch. Does anyone run electric trim?

Thanks for your ideas.

Tod

Willyclay

Captain
Re: gw invader 10ft Power Options?

Welcome to the iboats.com forum. The experts here, which I am not, can help you with any question about your boat, motor and trailer. You probably did not get any response because you posted in the brand-specific forum. You might do better in one of the motor forums with those questions and the Restoration&Rebuild forum with questions about fixing up your boat. The members are great and can help in many ways.

I saw your other post about the rubrail and can tell you that the rivets can be removed by drilling them with a bit slightly larger the the hole in the head of the rivet. You don't need to drill all the way throught the rubrail, just enough to take off the head of the rivet. Once removed, you take a punch and push the remaining shaft of the rivet inside the boat. It's a lot of work and I personally do not think it is necessary to refinish your boat. Careful tapeing should be okay for a good looking paint job. Also, the repowering thing gets a little tricky because of any maximum horsepower ratings the manufacturer may have originally placed on that boat. You need to research that before making any motor decisions. Also, if the boat's transom measures 20inches, then that is what you will need for any other motor. You may need to shim any motor you use to get maximum performance.

You are great dad whose son will never forget this project. Good luck!

Last edited:

drear45

Recruit
Re: gw invader 10ft Power Options?

Some 10 ft models were rated for a 35 HP and some 10 ft models were rated 55 HP. Back in the day...There were ten 10 footers on the lake near
here. "The day" was 1968, and yes I know I'm old...!