1988 Invader

just4fun

Recruit
Just thought I would post on here that I picked up a 1988 Invader for this summer. It is an 18 ft bowrider, I/O with the 5.7L mercrusier and an Alpha One drive. It appears to be all original and well taken care of as a complete removal of the interior revealed no major problems at all. I'm definitly happy to have it, but, like everyone else here, have been unable to find much info. I do have an original Invader booklet that came with the boat, but it is only a collection of boating saftey and rules and whatnot, I would consider it a "basics of boating" booklet. <br /><br />I also have what appear to be all of the original manuals to go with the mercrusier engine, the alpha one drive, and a description of quicksilver products which can be used with the boat. These seem to be basic enough, but they are all the original manuals as they are all dated from 1987 or earlier.<br /><br />Unfortunately there is no real information about the boat. The bill of sale has it listed as a 1988 Invader V181 Sport with the first three letters of the HID being MWK.<br /><br />Anything more I learn I'll try to post

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1988 Invader

Low Retail Average Retail <br />Base Price <br /> <br /> $2,620 $2,940 <br />Reported Engine Range: 231 - 265 HP (5.0L - 5.7L) <br /> Total adjustment for your engine(s) - Add: $2,050 <br /> <br /> TOTAL PRICE $4,670 $4,990 <br /> <br /> <br />_____________________________________________<br />MWK Status:<br /> Out of Business <br />Company:<br /> INVADER BOATS INC Company Official:<br /> AKERS, DOUG <br />Parent Company:<br /> Parent MIC:<br /> <br />Address:<br /> P.O. BOX 420 City:<br /> GIDDINGS <br />State:<br /> TX Zip:<br /> 78942 <br />Country:<br /> Phone:<br /> 4095423101 <br />Fax:<br /> In Business:<br /> 3/16/1982 12:00:00 AM <br />Out of Business:<br /> 8/1/1991 12:00:00 AM Date Modified:<br /> 8/1/1991 12:00:00 AM <br />Type:<br /> Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon BoatsInboard/Outboard, Sterndrive, Inboard/Outdrive Additional Address:<br /> <br />Comments:<br /> SEE (XVA) INVADER BOATS - THIS CO OUT OF BUS 03/82. EX-EMPLOYEES PURCHASED ASSETS OF INVADER BOATS 8/90. TAKEN OVER BY INVADER BOAT CO. L.P. (ILP) LAST BOAT PRODUCED MWK58106H091.

just4fun

Recruit

Thanks for the info, anything you can find on these types of boats is helpful.

desertdigr

Recruit

just4fun said:
Just thought I would post on here that I picked up a 1988 Invader for this summer. It is an 18 ft bowrider, I/O with the 5.7L mercrusier and an Alpha One drive. It appears to be all original and well taken care of as a complete removal of the interior revealed no major problems at all. I'm definitly happy to have it, but, like everyone else here, have been unable to find much info. I do have an original Invader booklet that came with the boat, but it is only a collection of boating saftey and rules and whatnot, I would consider it a "basics of boating" booklet. <br /><br />I also have what appear to be all of the original manuals to go with the mercrusier engine, the alpha one drive, and a description of quicksilver products which can be used with the boat. These seem to be basic enough, but they are all the original manuals as they are all dated from 1987 or earlier.<br /><br />Unfortunately there is no real information about the boat. The bill of sale has it listed as a 1988 Invader V181 Sport with the first three letters of the HID being MWK.<br /><br />Anything more I learn I'll try to post

desertdigr

Recruit

I have a 1988 23ft daycruiser I purchased less than 1 month old in CA. from the original person that ordered the boat with everything under the sun & then some. The name of the boat Co. is Triumph out of Anaheim. I actually went to the manufacturers facility to talk to them after my purchase. Only as I seen other boats similar to mine called Invader boats. They usually built 4 boats a year by hand & the original hulls they purchased were from invader. They told me that the hulls were designed by an Itialian offshore racing designer. Dont know if they are still in buisness or not.

aggiedave98

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also have an '88 17.5' or 18' Invader bowrider (I think)with the alpha one, but with the 3.0L 4cyl unfortunately (although at $3.00 per gallon, that's not a totally bad thing...).

My friend's dad bought the boat new in 88 in Houston. I bought it from him in 2000.

I have the original manuals, etc, but not much other info on it. What do you want to know??

alaviers

Recruit

Hello,

I also have an '88 Invader Cuddy cabin. I am cool with the boat (had to redeck it last year... hmpt!), but I can't seem to find the neccesary information to place a tow tower on it. Are there any sites that I could search for the viability of placing one of these towers on my boat? I don't know if the hull will take the added stresses of pulling a skier.

Allan

picked up an 84 invader 19' this summer as a project...50 bucks...paid 200 for trlr...plan to refurb this winter...would also like info

icdoo

Cadet

I picked up a 1988 invader V171 2.5L. this summer for $4500 CND. Fuel consumption is very reasonable. So far so good, although now I am replacing the trim limit switches

joeywrench

Recruit

i just launched a 1986 20' invader bowrider with a merc 140. i love it. picked it up from a friend for 1000.00 and put 800.00 into it to make it seaworthy.
i might repaint the hull this winter. it's badly oxidized.don't have much info except the manual. it sat for about 5 years before i got it.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 5
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 5

MacPointMan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WOW I just bought the exact same boat only with a Mercruiser 3.0 alpha one drive. Love the thing. She needs some Gelcoat work and repair as she sat int he water for quite sometime but always covered.

Floors in great shape as is the Vinyl not even a crack. the drive shows that it has been sitting and has been dragged through the mud but all in all a good boat.

Pictures were taken the day after I brought her home. My friend and I put 6 hours on her the day I bought her.

I bet yours rockets through the water. Thats a big motor for the boat. I am getting upwards of 35 Mph GPS with 4 adults and one child gear and all.

Thats before a reprop and with the hull needing to be wet sanded, Buffed, Waxed to remove the fouling from sitting in the water. After that I bet she will give me a few more Mph.

MacPointMan

Attachments

• Stern (Cropped Small).jpg
    Stern (Cropped Small).jpg
    129 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0161 (Cropped small).jpg
    DSC_0161 (Cropped small).jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Bow (Cropped Small).jpg
    Bow (Cropped Small).jpg
    132 KB · Views: 4

ToddyPond

Cadet

My new to me 1988 17' invader with a mercruiser 3.0 L. I haven't had it out on the lake yet but I really like the lines and the back swim bench seat over the outdrive. Also has awesome bucket seats and 6 x 9 speakers under the front seats. Came with a ski ring already installed and ready for the water (minus new bellows) for $1500.

I have to drive and tow with it for a bit before I consider prop changes, although thinking I will have to drop some pitch and/or go to a 4 blade for the hole shot. It will be the ski boat!
5E75Ka5J13G73I83H1c77645d02988ada16c0.jpg5I35Y65Ka3Ef3K93Hbc77acdfc7db68ce1348.jpg