Engine compartment blower

Gulfstreamer

Seaman Apprentice
Scrubbed all weekend on the boat getting it back in shape, and we were wondering what the correct routing of the fresh air blower hoses would be:confused: . There is just a pile of flex hoses laying down in the doing nothing. The blower seems to work fine. Pics or a explanation of where they go would be a great help. Boat is about a `73 (still trying to narrow it down) Thanks

I added a pic of the vents so maybe that will help(it`s real quiet here), the right one faces forward I guess to scoop air and the left one faces back to vent. I have a blower but dont know where too put hoses. Maybe the blower was added later I do not know. I figured this would be a Gulfstream specific?

P.S. thanks

Attachments

• 0802000720.jpg
    0802000720.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

1971 Gulfstream

Recruit
Re: Engine compartment blower

on my 71 the blower hose goes to the rear facing vent on the and the other should just lay in the bilge

johnmorgan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i just learned that it should be near the bottom of the engine not under water. sucking gasses that are heavier than air.

Gulfstreamer

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for relpies I will scare off some spiders back there and look today,

No more spiders this babies going in the water for sure before summers over.:)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

The hose for the forward facing scoop is only a few inches long and just pressurizes the engine compartment when under way. The rear facing scoop hose just goes down to the floor beside the engine.

The suction hose, to the blower, needs to go all the way to the bottom of the bilge, under the engine. That is where the heavier gas fumes start to accumulate.

Pictures would be pretty hard to get unless the rear seat panels were removed.

Hope this helps.

Gulfstreamer

Seaman Apprentice

The hose for the forward facing scoop is only a few inches long and just pressurizes the engine compartment when under way. The rear facing scoop hose just goes down to the floor beside the engine.

The suction hose, to the blower, needs to go all the way to the bottom of the bilge, under the engine. That is where the heavier gas fumes start to accumulate.

Pictures would be pretty hard to get unless the rear seat panels were removed.

Hope this helps.
It helps allot thank you!! I thought the hose was broken off for the forward facing one, we scrubbed last night so it looks pretty good back there now.