A brand that should not have died!

Status
Not open for further replies.

998cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: A brand that should not have died!

OK. Yes......it's a really old thread, but it's about Gulfstream boats. Add one more to the forums! I have a 1972, 18 footer that *should* be in the water this coming weekend after a very long hiatus. Last registered in 1997, it's been a fun project for the past 6 months.

Hopefully, I have a friend in LA who will make a seperate post with his 18 foot Gulfstream. Then we will have an archieve of 3. No where else on the net...d:)

Dave_13y

Recruit
I new to this forum but am glad I found it. My parents purchase this Gulfstream 20' in August of 1965. I inherited the boat in 1982 and tried to keep the lines original but did some upgrading. Moved the fuel tank under the floor board forward of the engine. Overhauled the engine (150hp) in 1985 and replace the Mercruiser 1 with a Mercruiser R gimbal and hydraulics and upper/lower units.

I will try to find a good recent picture, but the boat has not seen the water in two years, California drought and life..

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
And this is a thread that should die. It is dead. Closed.

If you want to posts photos of your Gulfstream, start a new topic. Click on Forum Help in the sig below for guidelines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.