Help ID Grumman canoe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID Grumman canoe?

It's a 17 footer offered to me, the bow plate states "Grumman, Bethpage NY, 112-C-5-17.
    It looks in good condition, had a dent in the side that popped out.

How old and what's a fair price?

thanks,

Rob
    My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
    - Errol Flynn

Sturdee Boat Amesbury Dory 16, Honda 25hp.

Sturdee Boat Amesbury Dory 14, Honda 8hp.

Re: Help ID Grumman canoe?

Rob,
    Have you ever been able to find a date of build for your Grumman?
    Mine is 1666-B-5-15 also of Bethpage, NY. I paid $100. Its dirty but solid and tight.
    So far my searches for date of build have been pretty sketchy. Apparently Grumman boats moved from Bethpage Long Island to the Finger Lakes in NY around 1952.
    Tom

Comment

Re: Help ID Grumman canoe?

Yep, i gave them a call and they built boats in bunches, like 100 17 footers, then 50 15 footers, and the just used the next bunch of numbers. They told me that mine was the 112th boat of the "C" series which ran anywhere from 1950 to 1955 but since that number is so low "112", the 112th boat os that series it was likely built in early 1950.

Your boat, being a "B" series was built before 1950.

Call Marathon boats, they are very helpful.
      My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
      - Errol Flynn

Sturdee Boat Amesbury Dory 16, Honda 25hp.

Sturdee Boat Amesbury Dory 14, Honda 8hp.

Comment

Grumman 17' Canoe

I am trying to find out information about a "whale back" Grumman Canoe. I'm attaching photos. Two ID plates on the boat. Grumman Boats 2525-GB-S-17 oval shaped and Capacity plate Model G-17S Serial 2525. Also stamped into the bow are the numbers: 65221 1906 over 5 (see photo). Any information would be Great.
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Grumman 17' Canoe

Originally posted by Skipper250 View Post
          I am trying to find out information about a "whale back" Grumman Canoe. I'm attaching photos. Two ID plates on the boat. Grumman Boats 2525-GB-S-17 oval shaped and Capacity plate Model G-17S Serial 2525. Also stamped into the bow are the numbers: 65221 1906 over 5 (see photo). Any information would be Great.
          first time I ever saw one of those, very interesting style
          oval build plate means it was produced at the Marathon plant which opened in 1964 and I think it was a 1970 model, give or take a year
          If you want to resell it, I would make an offer if you are near Buffalo, NY (just to say I have one, I actually have enough canoes and kayaks but I'd use it)

Comment

Working...
          X