Grumman Boat Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanympho

Recruit
Re: Grumman Boat Photos

accentphoto, I just picked up a 86 grumman 5.0 and was wondering how yours turned out ? any pics of the restoration ?

thanks

accentphoto

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sadly mine has set since the start due to the engine restoration project. I replaced ALL electronics, ran compression checks, rebuilt carbs to spec, rebuilt the fuel pump and new fuel and electrical lines. For some reason I cannot get fuel to keep going to the motor so I am going to order a low pressure electric fuel pump this month to try to get the motor going. The motor has very high compression and before I can venture on I need to make sure that motor is perfect. I got a lower end rebuild kit with bearings and although I did the water pump I need to take it to a boat mechanic to open the lower up to replace the bearings and seals. I would hate to go to all of this, restore the boat and find out the lower unit is not working well. Motors in my area are very expensive ... even used ...

Post some photos of what you have. I have been toying with a possible outside spray coating like what they use for truck beds but in white to make sure there are no current or future rivet leaks. My boat seems to have seen some salt in its time and I worry that he places I cannot see may be the future problem. I bought a two part cartridge foam and bed coating gun off of eBay. If I can seal it permanently right the first time then I can have this boat last a long time.

accentphoto

Petty Officer 2nd Class

How's your restoration coming along? Any updated photos?

PlugKnocker

Recruit

Hello,
I have a 1989 Grumman Renegade 16ft, 40 hp Honda 4 stroke.
This winter I spent all of my spare time restoring the interior of the boat. It was a rather extensive job for me.
Follow my link to the site I started. My intent was to document the process for other people like myself wanting to update their boat.
I'm still adding details and pictures to the site.
Added some pics of this project.
0001.jpg
Feb 2006

Feb 2014 completed mid March 2014
0002a.jpg

0003.jpg

Bust Out Another Thousand

My Grumman Renegade Project

Thanks. I hope you find what I'm doing of value.

Larry

Last edited:

budnate

Cadet
pulled this '16, 5.0 Side Console, out of a backyard over the weekend, on the way home photo's she is filthy, .....I will post photos of the resto, it will be marsh brown for hunting the transom will be built up straight across for a 25" motor, it will be a outboard jet with a kicker motor.......trailer is junk I have a nice galvanized trailer to slide it onto.....very excited to get going on it, anyway some photos for others to review, crazy how little information there is out there on these older Grumman's.

Guys I am internet challenged at times, I cant figure out how to resize Iphone photos that will load here, it keeps saying the file is to big, if anyone cares I can email them the photos to post of the boat.

B.

Peace, B.

Last edited:

73 Dolphin

Petty Officer 1st Class
Far be if for me to resurect an old post...but I too picked up a 5.0 this last weekend. There does not seem to be an abundance of posts on these old Grummans.I'll post some pics soon. Any progress on the refurbs/ restos ? Im sure I can use some pointers!

Status
Not open for further replies.