Is it a VEC hull?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRONMAN2000

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 2000 Glastron GX 205. The engine is a 2001 model. Did Glastron make VEC hulls in 2000? I can't find wood in the floors. Maybe it's just fiberglass encapsulated wood? Any guesses?
Thanks

jt185

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Is it a VEC hull?

In the history section on the Glastron website, there is one picture with the caption saying they introduced VEC in 2000. Another section right next to it states that VEC was introduced in 2001. Not real clear. Seems to me you should be able to tell by the molded deck area. VEC is all one piece, no seams.

TRONMAN2000

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I have heard the same thing. Some say 2000 and some say 2001. I have even read articles about VEC hulls that were written in 1999. So, I'm a little confused by that. I have contacted Glastron by Email and did not get a reply. I am fairly certain that is is VEC because I can't find any seams, however my deck is covered with carpet. The bow area has no carpet, and it seems to be one piece with the dual consoles. I'll call Glastron and give them the hull ID # Thanks again.

Sparky2002gt

Recruit

I have a 2000 glastron gx 205 with a 2000 volvo penta, and my floor is the same as you describe, looking in the storage under deck, i can see plywood floors, mine also creaks right behind the storage opening

redfury

Commander

I thought Glastron badged their VEC hulls with an oval "VEC"...I could be mistaken on the earlier models though.

FichtFan

Seaman Apprentice

Mine is a 2000 and it's not a VEC. I have to agree with redfury I thought if it was a VEC, Glastron was proud to display it in a black oval labeled "VEC".

Status
Not open for further replies.