1997 Glastron GS-160 with 1997 Force 75HP Motor - no Power Trim?? Original motor??

sigbigdig

Recruit
First Post and first time boat owner (Posting in "Force" and "Glastron" Forums.)
I am the proud owner of a 1997 Glastron GS-160 with a 1997 Force 75HP Outboard. The outboard serial number ends in "EL" and not "ELPT" indicating that it never had Power Trim. And, in fact, it has no power trim parts on it. The Boat is equipped with a throttle with up down button for trim, and a trim gauge. My curiosity is piqued. Was this the original motor on this boat - did Glastrons ever come with Force Motors? Both the boat and motor are 1997, after all. Also, did Glastron ever ship a boat without power trim in 1997? Thanks in advance for any info.

sigbigdig

Recruit
Updating this thread to avoid a Forum Faux Pas. Received an answer in the Force Outboard Forum that Glastron sold boats through dealers who matched up motors they happened to sell, and that the Force 75hp could well have been the original. Also that although it doesn't have power trim, that it can easily be added as the wiring is in the motor - which it indeed is - there are two lonely wires "under the hood" waiting for a 400 dollar Trim Motor/pump/piston/brackets. I have not taken this boat out yet - but I will see how she navigates in the water, and perhaps, this can be a winter project. Thanks!!