1985 glastream

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class
just purchased a 1985 glastream bass boat with trailer,its a project boat ,but from what i've seen so far on various web sites,mine is in great shape,having said that,it did not come with a motor,fuell cell,or battery.It does have everything else.i just am unable to find any parts specific to this boat,(ie, electrical diagrams,motor mounting hardware<things like that,its my 1st boat,the hull is in great shape,needs buffed out and waxed,any ideas and or suggestions would greatle be appreciated,thank you.

turnerlittle

Cadet
Re: 1985 glastream

Glasstream has changed hands several times since then so i would say it is highly unlikely you will find any literature but the i boats community will help you with any info you need i recently restored an 85 1550 pro bass. which hull is it? mod tri or a v hull.

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well it's a 1985 boss 180 te,looks mlike a v hull to me,but its a wide look,im still learning,forgive my lack of knowledge,thanks for replying though,i feel i have a long road ahead of me on this.

turnerlittle

Cadet

no sorrys we all start somewhere. i have yet to have heard or seen that hull i would like to see a pic of it. the most common v hull design for glasstream is the hydra bass but on the other hand the 1550 is the most common "modified v hull"(all that means is about a half of the front of the boat has what looks like pontoons and they stop pretty abruptly)

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well as soon as i figure how to post a pic i'll put one on here,and would you mind if i send some pictures of other parts of my boat with some questions?after reading your answer,i would say its the hydra bass hull.i know what pontoons are,and theres nothing even close resembling a pontoon,i got this boat on a trade,my little 1990 nissan pick up got slightly flooded down here in the tar heel a month ago,has never ran right since,well the mech was lookin for a truck to work on and i was lookin for a boat to work on,so here i am,i hope im not over my head on this,but it came with a trailer,and i think with some time and patience and alot of reading and asking guy's like you alot of questions,i'll be fine,thanks for your time.

turnerlittle

Cadet

go right ahead and funny story you have there especially since i aquired mine by trading a 1985 ranger pick up for it

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

took some pic
's,so i'll try to get them on here today,got my rubbing compound and some buffers,now it's time to get her cleaned up.i'm shooting to have her in the water on the 1st day of summer next year,this should be fun.

turnerlittle

Cadet

that sounds like a reasonable goal, however i would check the transom these boats are made strong but the fiberglass still get water inside it somehow

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yes ,i am finding that out,transom is strong,but as soon as i can figure out how to download pics on this site ,i'll show you what i mean,kinda worrying now,but we will see.

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

also,whata about a windshield?it had one,any ideas?or just go without,i was just curious,thx,ttyl

turnerlittle

Cadet

for the picture put them on photobucket then copy them on here
for the windshield you can make one out of lexan but i just left mine off but it would be a miracle if you found one and another one if it was in good shape

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

could possibly send me pictures of what your transom and fuel tank and battery is situated,i have a trunk type lid back there and nothing in it,the only thing i know for sure is that the gas tank was on the port side,i dont know if all the glass streams were basically set up the same back there or not,i"d like to find someone who already did one so i can see how mine might of looked,any help would be appreciated,thx

turnerlittle

Cadet

well i dont have any pic and mine is setup for a 12 to 15 gallon removable tank and the batteries go to the left and right of the tank on steps

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yes,i see that now,i went out and looked,mine was set up the same,theres still some left over mounting screws where the batteries were secured,it looks like mine will take a12-13 gallon tank,a friend of mine traded his 44lb thrust magnum trolling motor to me for a 900 watt amp for his car stereo,it came with a depth finder too,and it works great,just gotta get new wiring for it if thats possible,tried downloading the pics i've taken but it wont download them,i'll keep tryin,ttyl

turnerlittle

Cadet

on the wiring front there are two wires for everything real smiple red is + or positive black is - or negitve and if you think the some of the wires are salvagable they should be color coded just get a sharpie and some masking tape and mark them on each end draw a diagram if that help
P.S. the key is when you look at the wad of wires under the dash don't freak out just take it one wire at the time

the pics will have to be resized more than likely thats what photobucket is for when you upload the pic there it will have a resize option and you just downsize untill it will let you load pics on here i forget what the exact pixil size is

Last edited:

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

256-1.jpg

bungee49

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well with the help of my son i got this far,i'll keep workin with it mand get you better pics,thx,ttyl

turnerlittle

Cadet

Get some profile pics of the hull I have yet to have seen that decal before but I'm learning every day