Looking for other Glassmaster boat owners..

ParallaxBill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Looking for other Glassmaster boat owners..

Can't wait to see the pictures of it. Old Glassmasters are cool boats.

TOBY1954

Recruit

I recently re-aquired a family boat that we bought in 1972, I was 17 at the time. A 14 foot Glassmaster GMS Tri-Hull 500xp. It has been setting up with water in the hull for years. I removed it from it's "storage" at the edge of some woods on our farm and am planning a re-build. The Hull and transom are rock solid and the 65 Evinrude is still loose. I have started ripping out the sub-floor and will be steady at the renovations this year. My plan is to put her in the water in the Summer of 2009 if not sooner. The condition of the hull is a tribute to the quality of the Glassmaster Company.

1976GM

Cadet

Ok Guys, I finally got some pics of the boat. I took these today after we got back from the lake. It's a 1976 700E
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/cumminstex/boat006.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/cumminstex/boat004.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/cumminstex/boat003.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/cumminstex/boat002.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/cumminstex/boat005.jpg

If anyone knows what model or any other info on these boats please share. I have not been able to find another picture on the internet that looks like my boat. I don't know how to post these as thumbnails, so I just posted the links Thanks

VroomGrrl

Recruit

Greetings Glassmaster folks! I just signed up to the forums so I could post here about our 1969 Glassmaster. I will have to get some pics and post them tomorrow. I am not sure of the model.

The boat belonged to one of my husband's uncles, and the story goes, he bought it new, and put it on the water twice, then it sat outside in his yard for 20 years. Then my husband's father got it and it sat in HIS hard for another 15 years. My husband hauled it home and we had big plans for it but...it's been sitting here since we got it and has never been out on the water.

We are getting ready to move and are thinking about selling this boat but we have no clue what its value might be. I will take some photos tomorrow and maybe yall can give me some idea. The trailer has 2 flat tires, and it has an engine on it but no clue about that either.

We are in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, if anybody is interested in taking a look!

VroomGrrl

Recruit

OK I snapped a few pics. The boat has been garaged since we got it around 2001, but that's about all the "care" it's had in quite some time.

I have no clue what model boat this is - the year should be 1969. Feedback about the model & value would be appreciated!

What would you pay for this boat?

THE BOAT

2867863323_e236799c96_m.jpg
2868701160_1335fe6ea8_m.jpg
2867876801_994867e6a6_m.jpg
2867856355_cc0d916d95_m.jpg
2868717158_30874589cb_m.jpg
2867879045_1a477ac41c_m.jpg

JohnR.

Cadet

I'm glad one of the guys on another boat forum linked over to this site. I have a 1980 Glassmaster 18.5ft bow rider v-hull. I believe it is a "Supreme" from the 850ES on the plate near the shifter. I don't have any pics worth posting right now but I'll try to get some before I wrap it up for the winter this weekend. This isn't mine but the exterior looks EXACTLY like this one:

10815147_1thumb_550x410.jpg

My family bought it around 1984 from our old neighbor. He optioned it pretty nicely, it has a Mercruiser sterndrive with a 305 barrel (198hp) and a sun deck in the back instead of seats. My father sold his house by the lake about 8 years ago and gave the boat to me. I used it very little as I didn't have much time for it (it actually never came out of storage for 3 seasons) since just about the time my daughter was old enough to really enjoy it my wife was expecting our second at the peak of the summer so the wait began again. In any case, when I laid it up it was in need of new manifolds, a horn, a starter, water impeller, and a few other minor things. This summer I put in a bunch of time taking care of it and fixed all the little odds and ends as well as switching to a thru hull exhaust and adding a 4 barrel manifold and carb, we got a bunch of use out of it this summer and the kids loved it. I plan on rebuilding the seats this winter and recovering them with the original vinyl since its still in excellent condition. I've also got to do the gimbal bearing/bellows hose and have the brackets welded back onto the fuel tanks this spring before I put it in. I just wanted to pop in and say its really cool to see that there are other people who are passionate about these old boats. In my experience this boat is built like a tank and I'm hoping to get many more years out of her. If anyone can confirm that this is a Supreme that'd be great. Also, is there any source for the old style "G" stickers that are on the sides? All the striping on mine was pretty scraped up so I spent a few hours with the heat gun pulling it off. When I pull it out of storage in the spring I'm going to wet sand out the haze and re-decal it.

John

greenhulk1980

Recruit

I have a 1974 I think Glassmaster....she is about 16ft long with a 70hp 1994 Force motor...i'll get some pics up soon

frankd

Recruit

I've got a '72 17' Glassmaster. I just registered for this forum tonight so I don't have pics on hear yet. I bought it this fall so I haven't had it out yet. So far though I'm impressed with it's nice lines and solid construction. It's a vee hull non walk through with lap strake. It has a 65hp 3 cyl Evinrude that fires up and smooths out quick. It looks a lot like rheagler's boat.

gwb069

Recruit
Re:

Re:

I have a 1979 glassmaster boat and looking for books on this boat it has a 150 hp merc.

steve26180

Recruit

hello i have bought a 1967 glassmaster boat with the original 1967 evinrude 80 hp electric shift outboard. it took some time but i got it into good shape but still needs to be painted. i put a new deck and new transom as well as new fuel lines on the motor and new points and new wiring but then fired right up after 5 years of sitting. i have a question for all of you mechanics out there i have recently acquired a 115 johnson outboard and one of the pistons is seized and i was wondering how i would figure out how to get it unstuck. it was previousely rebuilt and ran one without the cooling system hooked up and then he put it away and never ran again. so basically i got a freshly rebuilt motor for free. i took the heads off and can see the pistons trying to move but one dosent move as much as the others. please reply i would really like to get the 115 on my glassmaster and get onto the ocean i also have a 40 hp johnson with a bad igniton system but was stored in a barn for most of its life and used in a fresh water lake upstate new york which i also got for free.

scbullock

Recruit

Whats going on, i just got my first glassmaster a year ago and i havent figured out what year or model it is yet. i just now started to get back into boats so i thought i could start working on it but it runs great. if anybody has a clue of the year or model let me know. ill try to put some pic up soon

m3logan

Recruit

Just signed up today; don't have a glassmaster ( do have a pontoon) but found old boat on property & took off everything I could before junking boat. Enjoy reading the posts & your boat looks pretty nice.

Primo1981

Recruit

Hello everyone! I am new here at iboats.com. I just got a 16' 1981 Glassmaster Playmate trihull a few weeks ago. I traded my old Stihl chainsaw and Echo leaf blower for the boat on the 1981 Tennessee trailer that it originally came on. As far as I can tell the boat was still all original and seems to be in very good shape other than the vinyl and seats which all need to be removed and replaced. I even found all of the original paperwork in the glove box when I opened it! Since this is my first boat, I'm sure that it is going to be an exciting and challenging learning process, and that I'll be returning to this site quite often to take in the wealth of information that is contained here.

So far I've been mainly working on getting the trailer in good shape. I've added the jack seen in the pictures, repacked the bearings, and replaced the safety chains. And tomorrow I'm planning to get new tires on it (since the ones currently mounted have the worse case of dry rot I've ever seen) and working on getting the lights in working order. Then I have to remove the boat from the trailer since I'm making a 4 hour trip on Saturday to pick up another boat (a '73 Thundercraft 15' Runabout) that I won on ebay with the '79 Evinrude 70 hp motor that I was bidding on for the Glassmaster.

As you can see in the pictures, I've already removed the seats since when I tugged on one of the back-to-back seats to see what it looked like when laid down it literally ripped out in my hand. I also removed the seats and backrests in the bow since they were in equally bad shape and am planning to replace them with a front deck with a single swivel seat for fishing (since it will be much less costly than replacing the seats and vinyl). Anyway, here is the links to my pic.'s since I don't know how to put them on here (hope it works). Good to be here on iboats! I can't wait to actually take it out on the lake for the first time and see what it can do!

http://www.freewebs.com/hagadones/apps/photos/album?albumid=5818279

Last edited:

tanker7661

Recruit

Hi, I am new to this forum and have a 1976 Glassmaster ( Tarpen ) with a four cylinder inboard 120. Thgis is my first boat and would like to talk to others who may have parts or accessories for it. The boat is in very good condition and has the bright orange interior of the 1970s. I am from Maine but the boat spent most of its life in NH.
Would like to talk to other Glassmaster boat owners.

...to swap notes and stories with. Just picked up a 1973 Tarpon XED in great shap with a nice running (one owner) 165 HP Mercruiser. I'm going to put it in the water this weekend for it's first run under my command. She's all tuned, lubed and ready to go.:)

BTW, I'm in the Carolinas, more or less the home waters of Glassmaster boats and they are still a common sight on the local lakes.

Anyone here a current or former Glassmaster fan?
Here's some fresh photos of mine. Click on the pictures for the full sized pics if you have a fast connection. Pics are large.

kbpc821

Recruit

I have a 1984 Supreme 185 with the GM 6cy and the pre-cobra OMC outdrive. I bought it in 2000 and have really enjoyed it. It was very clean and runs great. The hull is perhaps the best I have ever ridden in. Very smooth in choppy water, turns without sliding, and just rides great. Although I live in Panama City, on the Gulf, it has never been in salt water and so corrosion is minimal.
The only repairs beyond maintenance have been replacing the outdrive lift motor and the mounts that connect the motor/drive unit to the hull. We do a lot of skiing with it and just joy ridding.

I have never heard anyone bad mouth the hull design.

Have a great 4th. Ken

mgoblue102

Recruit

Hello everyone! I am new here at iboats.com. I just got a 16' 1981 Glassmaster Playmate trihull a few weeks ago. I traded my old Stihl chainsaw and Echo leaf blower for the boat on the 1981 Tennessee trailer that it originally came on. As far as I can tell the boat was still all original and seems to be in very good shape other than the vinyl and seats which all need to be removed and replaced. I even found all of the original paperwork in the glove box when I opened it! Since this is my first boat, I'm sure that it is going to be an exciting and challenging learning process, and that I'll be returning to this site quite often to take in the wealth of information that is contained here.

So far I've been mainly working on getting the trailer in good shape. I've added the jack seen in the pictures, repacked the bearings, and replaced the safety chains. And tomorrow I'm planning to get new tires on it (since the ones currently mounted have the worse case of dry rot I've ever seen) and working on getting the lights in working order. Then I have to remove the boat from the trailer since I'm making a 4 hour trip on Saturday to pick up another boat (a '73 Thundercraft 15' Runabout) that I won on ebay with the '79 Evinrude 70 hp motor that I was bidding on for the Glassmaster.

As you can see in the pictures, I've already removed the seats since when I tugged on one of the back-to-back seats to see what it looked like when laid down it literally ripped out in my hand. I also removed the seats and backrests in the bow since they were in equally bad shape and am planning to replace them with a front deck with a single swivel seat for fishing (since it will be much less costly than replacing the seats and vinyl). Anyway, here is the links to my pic.'s since I don't know how to put them on here (hope it works). Good to be here on iboats! I can't wait to actually take it out on the lake for the first time and see what it can do!

http://www.freewebs.com/hagadones/apps/photos/album?albumid=5818279

Hi there, I looked at your pics and they look good. It appears you already began tearing out the guts. I just acquired my first boat and it appears to be a Glassmaster 600XE. The tag is kind of scratched but that is what I think I am reading. This boat is similar to yours in looks but has an inboard motor, a 140hp Mercruiser. I plan on gutting it and replacing all interior and cleaning up the engine. Who knows how it will turn out. I have never owned a boat. I plan on checking into the rules and stuff. Gotta see what I have to do to register it and what not. Of course like many others, the first place I come to look for help in this venture is the world wide web. Hope to pluck the minds of those that know what they are doing on here.