Glasply boats

glasply1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Somehow we got our own heading. They are great boats, especially the older ones, and there is at least one owner's group in Puget Sound, with members from far away in BC and Oregon. Have any of them made it to the Gulf of Mexico or to the east coast?<br />Every once in a while I hear that the new owner, now in Canada, will start production again.

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Glasply boats

Great boats. We really like ours, funny thing is, I didn't realize how well built they were until after we bought it!

glasply1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gotta get the Glasply ready for weekend cruising. Not much fishing in this part of Puget Sound for awhile, although halibut has opened and lingcod will open soon. Time to put the camper top on and get some cleanup accomplished. Maybe I'll attend the Glasply rendevous this year! Sounds like there will be one in British Columbia and one in Puget Sound.

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have had other pressing projects, so the boat has been put on the back burner. In the next couple of weeks I plan on getting her ready to go!

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi I just bought a 1957 Glasply 14ft. Anymore info you guys can find or have about the boats id appreciate. Pics close up of the logos or possibly a place to find my model <br />Thanks<br />Garrett

glasply1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Look at the boat on the home page of Glashawk.com. Is there any resemblance to your boat. I looked through the web site and could not find any logos. In some places, like on that boat, its GlasPly. Wonder if its the same manufacturer as that of your boat. The hull identification numbers start out GPL....Is your's the same? I thought the GlasPly company here started in the late '60s or early '70s.

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

not at all like that actually Its posted in boat restoration and building topic new possible project. Its registered as a glasply 1957 <br />im lost with this boat i really want to know the make.<br />Thanks for your reply

glasply1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the response. I guess a number of companies have used various forms of the name.

garrett61

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hmm my main concern is that i can restore the boat whatever the make may be to its original status. Thats why im really concerned on the make. I dont want to put Glasply logons on a mfg heh :) Any thing you can find would be helpful i wrote to fiberglassics to see what they say about it. Thanks again for your help/

glasply1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You might contact www.glashawk.com and ask him for advice. It kind of looks like a Glasply but I'm not sure.<br />My Glasply is a 1980 model. I've had some window leaks and upholstery problems but nothing too serious. My stringers are all fiberglas and they look fine. Good luck to you in your search.

dunebug

Cadet

glasply1 said:
Somehow we got our own heading. They are great boats, especially the older ones, and there is at least one owner's group in Puget Sound, with members from far away in BC and Oregon. Have any of them made it to the Gulf of Mexico or to the east coast?<br />Every once in a while I hear that the new owner, now in Canada, will start production again.

dunebug

Cadet

Hi I have glasply in Dallas area it's 17' or 19' I cant rember and i'me in caly. rightnow.
It has a small cabin with windows, and a roofe over the driver with more windows and wipers 120merc./pre alpha drive 1970 something.
the moter is full of water so i bought another running one with a pree alpha drive.
I hope to install it as soon as I ger home.

Mr Smee

Recruit

Hey Glasply1, do you have any information about a Glasply gathering? I'd love to know more about such a thing, and would seriously consider trailering up for it! Thanks much.

Rods58

Recruit

My Dad had a 1974 23' W/twin 130 Volvo Penta, He bought it in Coos Bay, we had LOTS of fun on that boat, water skiing behind it was a blast as we could jump the wake like our own ski jump, we also had a surfboard that we used, I wish that I could find a picture of it, My dad said many times that he wished that he would have got the Merc instead of the Volvo motors, anyway GREAT BOAT, I wish that we still had it

ernie higgins

Recruit

Hi Jerry I have a 1980 19'6 cutty cabin i m tring to locate hardware for the hatch with no luck any help would be greatly helpfull thankyou ,.. ernie Higgins