1960's glasspar trihull rebiuld

Hello all iboats members, I'm rebuilding a 1960's trihull glasspar. This is my first boat and it needs alot of work. I already got the rotten old floor out and the wet foam, and took off the trim around the boat and started to cut around the boat.:confused:. The problem that I have is how do I get the top off, at the back it is all glued. It goes transom, glue, plywood nailed to transom, more glue, and then the top of the boat. I have tried to cut in behind the plywood and the transom, but no luck. I have tried to cut the glue and no luck. Can someone please tell me how to get this top off.:confused:

ps, have a good one :)

Attachments

• IMG_5123.jpg
    IMG_5123.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5154.jpg
    IMG_5154.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5147.jpg
    IMG_5147.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5158.jpg
    IMG_5158.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 0

parrisw

Ensign
Re: 1960's glasspar trihull rebiuld

Hey, nice to see another Vancouver Islander on here. Where abouts are you? I'm in Victoria.

About your problem, that looks just like mine did, all I did was sneak a very long sawzall blade in there and cut between the splashwell and the transom, once I got most of it cut out I hammered a long screwdriver/prybar in there, and it broke free.

Good luck.

ausm2000

Recruit
Re: 1960's glasspar trihull rebiuld

Well I guess I am in the same boat as you all;) I'm from Sacramento, Ca. I was just given an old tri hull. It won't arive till tomarrow. So I don't have all the details. It is A CORWIN made by Enterprize Boat Co. from Rancho Cordova with is a town with-in Sacramento. I will be following your thread for information sence I truely know nothing about what I'm about to get into. But I am retired and I need the project.
AUSM2000