New "To Me" Glasspar Citation 1960

ammofactory

Cadet
Just picked it up yesterday and am starting restoration. It has been well maintained and doesn't look too bad. Since I'm a newbie to boating and outboards. She has a RDS 22 Johnson Ser #2057593 on her stern and when I push the starter , there is a humming noise coming from under the engine cover. The battery is not new or marine deep cycle . Don't know if it makes a difference and haven't had time due to that 4 letter word (work) to do any diagnostics. It did come with a water inlet clamp to attach to the hose to cool it during testing, but on forums for another motor I have it says a barrel or 55 gal drum, is better. Any suggestionsd on the full inspection and repairs on the boat would be VERY APPRICIATED.
Thank in advance
Ken ::confused:

ammofactory

Cadet
Re: New "To Me" Glasspar Citation 1960

In checking the spark plugs I fount the lower plug in great shape. The upper cyl plug is more carbonized than the lower one and it seems that the plug threads are stripped. Is there a way to rethread the cyl head plug threads?

mr 88

Commander
Re: New "To Me" Glasspar Citation 1960

You will get a better response on the Johnson/ Evinrude forum for your engine questions