how about your G3

gene pline

Cadet
There has to be a lot of people that own G3 boats.How do ya'll feel about them.I ask mainly adout the vinyl lined center consoles.Are they adequate for bay fishing?

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: how about your G3

I don't own one - YET! I just discovered them on Crappie.com/Tennessee forum, where one of the members has one. Nice looking, from the picture he had of it, while showing his towing rig and boat. I PM'd him about it, since I have a much heavier fiberglass ProCraft bass boat. With gas prices like its been, I'm considering going to an aluminum boat and smaller hp motor. I asked him how it measured up for fishing (noise wise on the water) against a fiberglass boat. I had been checking out the Tracker aluminum boats. He said he had a Tracker and traded it in for his (now 2 year old) new G3 Eagle 185 w/ Yam 4 stoke 115 hp. Said the G3 has way more storage, than Tracker. And his has carpet and is very quiet, so fish aren't scared off because of us noisy humans clunking around in the boat. Not sure if this will help you.

mnfishing

Cadet

My father went through three (3) of them during the summer of 1999. I hope that their quality has improved, but I noticed that Gander Mountain dropped them a year or so ago and switched to Tracker. Based upon my father's experience, I wouldn't recommend this boat to anyone. Multiple rivets leaked on all of the boats and they all took on water. The factory rep told our dealer that my father should take a hammer and flatten out the rivets that leaked...I could see if the boat was 20 years old, but on a new boat come on. My father finally got his money back and bought a Lund. If you looking for a good aluminum boat I'd look at either a Crestliner or Lund.

Hoopie

Cadet

I just bought a used 2004 g3 1756 center console with a 60/40 yamaha jet 4 stroke and this thing is sweet. The construction is top of line in my book. I had a 1999 tracker pro team 185 jet and it wouldn't hold a candle to the g3. Easy on fuel, runs real shallow. Also very easy to clean up all the catfish slime as it is all aluminum no carpet yeah!

Attachments

• 3nd3mc3o65O55T05Paa2l723b89a5bd591c85.jpg
    3nd3mc3o65O55T05Paa2l723b89a5bd591c85.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 0