Ladder needed...'90 200 Horizon

infideltarget

Master Chief Petty Officer
Anyone have a factory style fold up ladder for this generation Four Winns? Preferably cheap? Hate to pay $150+ for a telescopic replacement. No luck on CL or fleabay.

infideltarget

Re: Ladder needed...'90 200 Horizon

Yep. Tried that. Tried several others like it. Still no luck. Maybe someone will come along that is junking a boat like mine and needs to find a good home for the ladder........

Bit if not, what kind of experience does anyone have with mounting an aftermarket under platform telescoping ladder? Or is a top of platform a better choice?

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

what kind of experience does anyone have with mounting an aftermarket under platform telescoping ladder? Or is a top of platform a better choice?

I prefer top mounted since I can see at a glance from the cockpit if the ladder is up or down. I'm guessing your boat is very similar to mine; if so you should be able to install a top-mounted ladder very easily. You might even be able to use the existing holes.

Do you know if your original ladder was a folding ladder or not? If you'd like I can post pictures of my OEM folding ladder.

infideltarget

I prefer top mounted since I can see at a glance from the cockpit if the ladder is up or down. I'm guessing your boat is very similar to mine; if so you should be able to install a top-mounted ladder very easily. You might even be able to use the existing holes.

Do you know if your original ladder was a folding ladder or not? If you'd like I can post pictures of my OEM folding ladder.

Yes mine was a folding ladder. here is a pic of the holes where it was.

Attachments

• 199948_204652239545454_100000020373712_828019_228667_n.jpg
    199948_204652239545454_100000020373712_828019_228667_n.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yes mine was a folding ladder. here is a pic of the holes where it was.

I'm guessing yours was an "L" shaped ladder that pivoted on the hinge mounted at the holes in the middle of the swim platform.
Mine is a folding ladder that folds in the middle of the ladder, and also pivots on hinges at the aft edge of the swim platform.

I suggest two options for you:
1) Mount a new, telescoping ladder using new holes, or
2) Have a marine rigger build a ladder that replaces the one that used to be there. It shouldn't be too difficult since the ladder itself is rigid.

Good luck!

infideltarget

Thanks for the info! I am leaning towards an under the platform ladder to keep the deck looking cleaner. I found one on here for $109. I can deal with that a lot better than $159. Its only $50, but still. Now I just need to find out how they are mounted. Do the bolts go all the way thru, or just into the glass on the back? Seems like a lot of pressure on them if they just go into the glass...

Guess I will research some more.