blower set up for 88 four winns horizon 180

gcrouse

Cadet
hello all new to this but need some help, i just bought a 88 four winns horizon 180 and have been reading some posts about the blower. i looked at mine and not for sure if the setup is correct. on the right side of the motor i have the blower hooked to one hose going to the outside of the boat vent and another hose under it just there nothing hooked to it running to the other hole fitting on the vent. and on the left side of the motor i have 2 hoses that run to the outside vent with nothing hooked in either one of them. is this correct?i know the blower removes the fumes in the engine compartment but i want to make for sure it is set up correct because i dont want my new investment blownup one my first outing. thanks for any help on this matter.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant
Re: blower set up for 88 four winns horizon 180

That sounds correct.

The blower draws air in from the loose hoses on the opposite side and blows it out the other side.

rickryder

Commander

That is the way my 210 Horizon is set up. The vent hose on the starboard side is to bring in fresh air through the engine compartment and sucked out via the blower....kinda like a cross draft to collect any fuel fumes. Let me know if you need manuals for your boat. I found a bunch of downloadable ones for free. :)

gcrouse

Cadet

thanks guys and yes the manuals would be great hopefully i will get some pics up of the boat soon do yall know if four winns still offer replacement seats for this old of a model or would it be better just to have them redone by someone

rickryder

Commander

OK need info engine size and outdrive you have. I would say either redoing the seats yourself or having an upholstery place give you an estimate. You could also look for some aftermarket seats. I know they sell them here on iboats.

Here is the link to the 1988 boat owners manual http://www.fourwinns.com/past_product/owners_manuals

gcrouse

Cadet

thanks rick it has the omc 3 liter 4 cylinder and a cobra outdrive