What model and where ya from?

youmansjason

Seaman
Wow, this must be a new addition to iboats.com. I thought it would be interesting to see where everyone's from and what model Four Winns ya got?<br /><br />I have a 1997 Horizon RX 18' with 4.3L Volvo Penta GL.<br /><br />I am from Atlanta, GA.

Matt Smithers

Recruit
Re: What model and where ya from?

I've got a 2001 248 Vista w/ a Volvo Penta 5.0 and a twinprop. We have lots of fun with it, but we don't use it to it's fullest capacity. Hopefully, the more we use it, we'll actually start to USE it....if that makes sense.

miamimike

Recruit

Hi: I have a 1999 Four Winns Candia 25-1/2'. Volvo Penta Engine Twin SS prop. Live in Miami, keep boat in Ft. Lauderdale.<br /><br />
Originally posted by youmansjason:<br /> Wow, this must be a new addition to iboats.com. I thought it would be interesting to see where everyone's from and what model Four Winns ya got?<br /><br />I have a 1997 Horizon RX 18' with 4.3L Volvo Penta GL.<br /><br />I am from Atlanta, GA.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have an '03 245 Sundowner, 8.1 ltr Volvo Penta double prop, I love this boat.<br /><br />I keep it here in Orem, but run it mostly at Lake Powell. Stay on my houseboat there. It is what I live for these days, a trip to Powell.<br /><br />Spud

Rip5

Cadet

We have a 2000 268 Vista with Volvo DP. absolutely love the boat. Just finished our second season on her, can't wait for spring already!<br /><br />We do most of our boating on Lake Michigan, relaxing after boating at the marina.<br /><br />
109671497.jpg

bpaliobeis

Cadet

I just upgraded to this 2006 Horizon 260 with the VP 8.1. I'm from the Cincinnati area and do most of our boating at Lake Cumberland.<br /><br />
81179615_2.jpg

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Howdy all!<br /><br />This is great! a FourWinns Only thread!<br /><br />I have a (New to me) 1987 211 Liberator with a 340hp OMC King Cobra I/O. It really goes!<br /><br />The good thing is that I bought it from my brother (for very little!) who bought it new, took excellent care of it, always parked it inside, and never used it in salt water!(well maybe once back in the early 90's).<br /><br />I'll probably install a fresh water cooling system and maybe do a little upholstery repair/work and run the bejeebers out it!<br /><br /><br />Cheers, <br /><br />Rick<br />Western WA

GCervak

Cadet

Wow, it’s been a while since I was at iBoats! Glad I scrolled down on the main forums menu and saw the individual boat lines listed. <br /><br />I have a ’96 Horizon 200 DLX. Volvo Penta 5.0 DuoProp. Had her for a couple of seasons now. Very nice, very reliable, very comfortable boat. <br /><br />When it comes time to find the next boat, Four Winns will be one of the names at the top of my list.<br /><br /><br />We live and do most of our boating in northwest Indiana. Also make a trip or two each year into western Michigan.<br /><br />-FloatingCPU

4Winns222

Recruit

I would post a picture of my 4 Winns but this site isn't too kind in letting me do that, unless I'm missing something here.<br /><br />Anyways, second season with the boat forthcoming. Bought with a frozen block and put in another 4.3 litre for about 2.7k with installation. Hull in good shape for a 90' model and I've got a big list of spring tasks to make her look brand new again. The hull is only one step away from that look now.<br /><br />We keep her on Skaneateles Lake here in the Finger Lakes just 25 minutes west of Syracuse. January been warm enough this year to actually think about a ride on the lake but don't feel like re-winterizing her. Happy boating dreams this winter.

TXJOLE

Seaman Apprentice

Hello all i'm an owner of a 2006 200SS. From Dallas Texas<br /><br />
P5280002.jpg

ryanhehn

Recruit

youmansjason~ I am looking at buying a 1999 Four Winns 180 Horizon. It is in pretty good shape and has the sport seating with the Volvo 4.3L engine and outdrive. I do not know much about Four Winns (although I heat they are pretty decent boats) and would like your thoughts on the 180 Horizon. The guy is asking 13,500 for the boat...<br /><br />I guess it might help to tell you what I will be doing with the boat. I am a wakeboarder so I will be putting a tower on it and mostly pulling guys wakeboarding. We also like to put three tubes behind the boat and beat each other up a little!! Think this is a good boat for this sort of thing?? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

bullgator99

Seaman Apprentice

'99 Horizon 170 Fish & Ski (Johnson 115 OB)<br />Tow vehicle: 2003 Honda Odyssey<br />Location: Johnson City, Tennessee<br />Lakes: Boone, South Holston, Watauga

wrbanwal

Recruit

Well, this is a fine place to throw out my first post!!!<br /><br />1995 258 Vista - Lake Michigan<br /><br />Love it, although the little lady is already bugging me for a 32!!!

248 Vista

Recruit

Hello everyone This is my first year with a Four Winns. I have a 248 Vista and can not wait to get her wet. Look forward to a long season.

mcleaves

Chief Petty Officer

'95 238 Vista OMC 5.0 EFI (Ford)/SX. Bought last spring. Put in new manifolds & risers and just rewired the major elctrical with a Blue Sea Dual Circuit Plus (http://www.bluesea.com/). This is the way to go! Lost of other little things like new toilet water pump etc.<br /><br />I love the boat. Hoping to spend more time on the water than fixing things this season :)<br /><br />-Mike

wgoodhoofd

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm not sure I qualify as a Four Winns owner yet, as we don't take delivery of the new 2006 Horizon 180 until late in June, but if the boat behaves like many of the places I've checked, it will be an amazing boat to use here in Ontario (cottaging in Gravenhurst, to be specific) <br /><br />Anyone else with opinions on the 180?

Shawdaddy

Seaman Apprentice

Got my first boat a few weeks back. Picked up a 2001 Horizon 190 w/ 5.0GL and love the boat so far. I do most of my boating in the Mississippi Gulf Coast area. (i.e. Flint Creek and Paul B. Johnson State Park)<br />
00004362fn.jpg

blueglass

Recruit

1989 Four Winns 200 Horizon,5.0L V-8 20' open bow bought it in '03.<br />
361350_225_full.jpg

seamegr

Petty Officer 3rd Class

2001 Horizon 170 3.0. Bought new in 2002.

We boat in Ontario, North Bay and Muskokas.

We love the boat and our dealer, We will definitely buy FW again. My only b!tch is the number of gel coat cracks. They seem to have multiplied exponentially this past winter..

Greg