Fuel Cap - 1994 Four Winns Sundowner 215

platinumedge

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I purchased a 1994 Four Winns Sundowner 215 last year. It had been sitting in a parking lot in Maryland for several years, so it's not in great shape. I've been able to successfully acquire all of the necessary parts/tools so far. And I feel like I'm heading towards the "finish line," as far as potentially putting it in the water.

So now I'm looking for parts not associated directly with the engine, e.g., the plexiglass doors that go down into the cabin, placards, and a fuel filler cap. Four Winns dealers can only go back to 2002 for parts. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I might obtain these other types of parts?

I'm particularly interested in the fuel filler cap. The foam gasket is completely deteriorated. I suppose I could "construct" a new gasket. But I was wondering if I could just purchase ANY fuel filler cap that will fit the existing opening and connect to a 1 1/2" hose? I'm guessing that would work but the attaching screws would probably be a different pattern. In which case I assume I could just drill new pilot holes in the fiberglass.

As always, I appreciate your assistance!

Cheers,

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

platinumedge

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks, Scott. I pulled the whole filler and don't see any markings, but I figured it could be replaced with another industry-standard part.

I'm astounded (probby because I'm new to this whole thing) that the price of fuel fillers runs from $7.00 to $170.00!!

platinumedge

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Now I am looking for the fuel sending unit and the one-way valve for the 50-gallon fuel tank (same boat). Does anyone know the best way to look up these part numbers? Or a site that would sell such items?

Thanks very much!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Now I am looking for the fuel sending unit and the one-way valve for the 50-gallon fuel tank (same boat). Does anyone know the best way to look up these part numbers? Or a site that would sell such items?

Thanks very much!

Same place Scott D. listed in post #2. BTW - The one-way valve is properly called an anti-siphon valve.