Finally got my own water toy....

kingjoe

Cadet
Hi All...

I'm new to this and will have questions that hopefully someone familiar with a 1990 Fisher Marsh Hawk 3V can shed some light on.... Just landed this beauty this week... Bought and picked it up yesterday..... I'm so excited to have this for fishing with my sons.... She's a 16 footer with a 60 horse Mariner on back.... There are 3 wires from the outboard, 1 for the pos, 1 for the neg and one has a connector of some sort on it that I have no idea where it goes.... Any thoughts?? Looks like a solid boat and looking forward to seeing how she moves on Lake Wallenpaupack.... Hoping to drop her in this Saturday for a cruise up the lake....

myboat01.JPGmyboat02.JPGmyboat03.JPG

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Finally got my own water toy....

Welcome to iboats. You can get just about every answer you need here. Does the motor has tilt/trim? That may be your third wire--I can't be for sure but someone on iboats should know. Congrats on the boat.

kingjoe

Cadet

Thank you for the welcome.... Yes, it has tilt/trim however the wires run from the control panel to the motor for that in a seperate bundle of wires.... No idea what this one is for, it is with the power bundle....

Another thing I need to know is what's involved in winterizing the motor..... Replies are appreciated....

Last edited:

kingjoe

Cadet

Well, got the minor seat repair done by replacing with a new hinge and now that is solid.... Set my barrel under the motor, installed my new battery and fired her up in the first 2 seconds of turning the key.... I'm thinking that connector might be for something not in the boat at this time.... Still hoping to get it on the water Saturday morning, however it's raining today and might continue into tomorrow..... Any tips from others on this boat & motor would be appreciated....