16' Fisher

stinkbait85

Seaman
Re: 16' Fisher

i have an sv-16 GT (grey thunder) it is also rated to 75. the only differences i can see is the decks are different, and mine has wide rails at the top not just a roll. same paint and decals tho. i love my boat, i bought it with a dt55 suzuki and she would move bout 35mph with just me and my tackle in the boat. i tagged a rock in the dan river last june and busted the lower unit up pretty good. so i sold the motor and now have an 85 merc on it and it is scary fast. i added another transom knee tho for more support. you will enjoy that boat. it is very stable and handles great. i would recommend a hydro foil on the motor to keep the front end from bouncing. good luck

mdt123

Cadet

Thanks man! This is funny; I was looking at pictures of a SV-16 on the internet just last night! I thought I definitely need to add a few cleats and maybe a grab bar for the passenger side. I didn't even notice the sides were wider, but now that you mentioned it, I know what you're talking about. Looked like I have another small livewell between the seats too. All the wiring to the accessories is shot though, so it's just going to be storage for me. I'll try to get the lights running this year though.

I only got it out on the water once before having to pack it up for the winter. This is my first "real" boat, so I have nothing to compare things to, but I did think the bow was riding really high. Really stable otherwise. good to hear you're is the same! I even ran up and down the decks a few times and tried to rock it. Of course, it rocked, but I felt great on it!

fishertim

Cadet

Hello. congrats on your new to you fisher. That's close to what I bought a couple of months ago. Mine is a SV16GT 1990 model with a 60 hp mercury same year. I haven't had mine in the water yet.
I really need to get it serviced before I take it out. Also have to get some vests and safety requirements for it. Mine is welded seams with aluminum decks and doors on the compartments and live well. My trailer is also the original fisher too. My expenses so far have been tires, batteries and a new cover from cyber monday here on Iboats. We don't have snow here but we've had our share of rain and cold. I'm anxious to get it on the water. Probably in Feb when it starts warming up and a little better weather. I'll be on Lake Shasta in northern Ca. Have fun with your fisher.

bumpus_r

Recruit

Congrats on the boat purchase,

I just bought one for $350 with trailer, without motor, without controls, without seats, needing everything.

I buy and sell boats as a hobby. Thats how I relax, I restore boats

I have just gutted my Fisher, it is th best boat I have ever done, the boat is all welded, cross pattern aluminum stringers, aluminum floors, 4 storage compartments, 2 live wells, 3 seats and 2 pedalstool seats with platforms.

I am not selling this one, this will be my personal fishing boat, but if I was going too sell it after I put a ton of man hours getting it back to show room condition, Motor, seats ... it would be way more than $1500

I cant wait to get this in the water maybe late october or november

I am sure you will have years of enjoyment.

Fisher, I cant find anything on them if you find out anything let me know.

mdt123

Cadet

It's a solid boat, that's for sure. Love to see some before and after pictures Bumpus_r!

Dawg1911

Recruit

I just bought and '87 fisher sv 16 gt. Does anyone know how to get the wiring specs and/or owner's manual.