Look what I found!!! Yipppeeee!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I have a 89 Fisher SV 18GT... an original one that is all aluminum. No wood.

Now I even have a place!

IMG_5278.jpg

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Look what I found!!! Yipppeeee!

One of the guys I see at tournaments has one of those, and there’s another one about three blocks away from my house that’s always parked in a driveway. It looks like a good layout for bass fishing. Yours looks like it's in good shape, a little shinier than the two I'm used to looking at. Good boat?

Bob_VT

Staff member

There are 3 in my area I have seen. The bottom is basically flat in the back (not what I would call a rough water boat) but handles good.

It's best point is it is all aluminum - no deck rot - no stringer rot.

Mine is in great shape and good for fishing.

koolerb

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds good, go catch some fish.

ghostrider

Seaman

I know yoy will ejoy this boat. I have a '95 SV19GT single console and it is great. All aluminum no wood and the weight are the reasons I bought the boat. I have a Yamaha PRO V 150 hanging on the back andf rough water has not posed a challenge. This style boat was one of Fisher's better designs in my opinon.8)

Bob_VT

Staff member

Yeah, I was told the dual console models were rare. I am partial to single consoles but, as I get older I will keep it out of compassion for my fishing partner.

So they made a 19' model, hmmm how's the performance with the 150? I have a 115 tower hanging off the transom.

ghostrider

Seaman

I believe for your best no doubt boat performance, power should be at the hull limitations for max HP. You then have fewer questions about the boats performance. With one passenger and a light load I have bottomed out my speedometer (65 mph) and blown the tube off with throttle left to go. The prop I use is a TURBO 14 1/4 x 26. I will always maximize my Hp to the Hull.

No questions , no doubtI

bwmc79

Seaman

I am looking for a manual for my1990 v hawk. Any help out there?