Ebko boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know I'm not the only one on here with one... but I'm not sure there are enough of us to start a new section. I'd love to hear from other Ebko owners! Mine is a 1986 Biarritz 210ss that I have spent more time and money on than I care to think about, but it's all worth it when I can pile 6 people in it and still have plenty of power to pull a friend on a wakeboard!

-Carl

Here's a picture on the way home from the lake:

2598800_10_full.jpg

macshak

Cadet
Re: Ebko boats?

You mean there is someone else besides me? I thought I was the only one.
79' Ebko Somethingortheother 16' trihull w/Mercury 900. Been in 'repair' state for 3 yrs now. Almost have floor done.

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You are definitely not the only one! I got mine last January, got it in the water in late July. It's definitely not done (probably never will be), but it has a new floor and some new seats. Now it just needs some finish work! You can see pictures in the various stages of teardown/repair on my cardomain site. I use the same name as I do here. The teardown pictures can be found on the last couple pages of the old van site, and the more recent pics are under the new van. Good luck with your project!

-Carl

jsader79

Cadet

I just recently bought a '78 EBKO 17' somethingorother....lol... Does anyone know where I can get an owners manual for these things? Cant find much info online or off... Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 100_01492.jpg
    100_01492.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I haven't been able to find much of anything about them anywhere. I'm in the process of rebuilding the interior on mine, and I'd love to know what it originally looked like, but it looks like I'm just going to wing it. Nice boat!

What engine do you have in there?

One of these days, mine will be back in the water...

jsader79

Cadet

Hey, Ive got a 4 cyl. 140 horse Mercruiser engine. Heres some more pics of my boat including interior. I was told it was original. I hope to begin restoration on mine soon...I dont think Im going back original tho, I dont really like the button look...

Attachments

• 100_01542.jpg
    100_01542.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_01502.jpg
    100_01502.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_01512.jpg
    100_01512.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_01522.jpg
    100_01522.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_01532.jpg
    100_01532.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2

jsader79

Cadet

2broke4this,

Do you have pics of your boat? Also what engine do you have?

jsader79

Cadet

Also wondering if anyone can tell me what model this boat is jsut by looking at it.... Or if it is printed on the boat somewhere, where can I find it?

Thanks

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

jsader,

I haven't taken any pictures recently, but I've got quite a few up on my cardomain site. if you go there, you can see more pictures of it. The earlier teardown and rebuild pictures are toward the end of the site for the old van, and the most recent pictures are under the newer van. My name on there is the same as my name on this site. We aren't allowed to post direct links on here, so you'll have to go find it.

I'm in the process of building the bench/sundeck in back. I put the frame of the bench together today after work and hope to finish building the whole thing by the end of the weekend. It will all get covered in vinyl later. it definitely won't look original, but it'll be fun!

The boat has a 260 Mercruiser (350 V8) in it, and it definitely moves. I've had it up to nearly 50mph with four people on board. That's plenty for me! I'd imagine the 140 gets your boat moving pretty well, and probably uses a little less gas than mine.

Your boat looks like an Ebko Executive that I saw advertised a while back, but I think those only came as 18-footers. I'm not sure. It's something to look at!

Hey thanks for this post. Maybe we can all help each other, or support our frustrations. I have a 1980 Ebko somethingorother too! We are trying or continually restoring. Right now my Merc 120 has a bent cylinder and the head is all torn down. To be honest we've had the boat 5 years and I haven't had to do much to it. Good family boat. We would like to find replacement Ebko emblems and dash panel. Any suggestions?

jsader79

Cadet

I havent been able to find anything for my EBKO anywhere... Its like when the company went out of business everything that pertained to the boats except the boats fell off the earth. I have googled every alley I can think of to find "EBKO" parts. Although I have only had this boat for goin on 4 months, i cant seen to find anything, anywhere. :confused:

GrindKore

Petty Officer 1st Class

I own 1990 EBKO SkiMaster (16.5'). Overall I'm happy with it so far. The boat came with FORCE 90 motor, which is common power source for many boats from that era. Some times lack of information may be a good thing, if these boats have had serious common problems I'm sure forums on various sites would have been buzzing with posts.

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I haven't really looked too much for original parts. Luckily, most of my emblems are still intact, at least the ones I know about! There were probably some that disappeared before I got the boat, but there aren't any obvious places where they would be.

I finished rebuilding the rear bench and sundeck a couple months ago, and I'll get pictures up as soon as I can. It still needs cushions and vinyl, but so does the rest of the boat. Unfortunately, the boat hasn't been in the water in over a year. I've been a little busy. Moving, trying to finish a thesis, and getting married will do that! Hopefully I'll have a little more time soon, and I'll finally get to finish the old girl up! The good news is that my lovely new wife seems fairly willing to help with at least the upholstery work!

I'm glad we've all found a place to ask questions about our relatively rare boats! Let me know if I can help.

-Carl

jsader79

Cadet

I believe I'd like to see the pics of the rear bench that you've redone. I am about to start rebuiling my engine cover and rear jump seats soon. im thinking about just doing them in fibergalss tho, and having a cushin made that will snap onto the faiberglass seats. This way the entire seat wont rot out like the old ones did... Granted the seats are damn near 30 yrs old...lol...

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When I get back home I'll see if I can get some pics up! My wife and I just got back to her parents' house from our honeymoon, so it'll be a few days before we get back home. I'll get them up as soon as I can!

I basically built a box as a frame for the bench out of 2x4s, and then screwed plywood to the front and top of the box to complete the bench. I then made a flat frame out of 2x4s for the backrest and then screwed plywood to that. The back is attached to the bench with a pair of big hinges, so I can lean it forward to get better access to the engine. The engine cover/sundeck was built with a similar principle... I created a frame for the top to lay on, and then used plywood reinforced with 1x4 to give it a little more strength. The way it lays on the frame keeps it all fairly solid. Again, the cover is hinged, but at the back with two HUGE hinges. I can get pretty decent access to the beast within when the back of the bench is folded forward and the engine cover is tilted back and up.

I used all treated wood (I let it dry for quite a while) and stainless/decking hardware. It's not perfect or amazing, but it should be functional for quite a while. The whole process was not difficult, but it was pretty time consuming. And, I had a little help from my neighbor (I heard "are you sure that's going to work?" more than a few times). I had to change the plans a few times, but it all worked out. I'm sure you can tackle it! Again, I'll get pics up as soon as I can!

-Carl

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay, here are a few pictures, as promised!

Here it is, all closed up!

2598800_14_full.jpg

Engine cover / sundeck open:

2598800_16_full.jpg

Engine cover open, engine more visible:

2598800_17_full.jpg

Opening for storage under the bench:

2598800_18_full.jpg

The rest of the interior... still needs work, but it's getting better!

2598800_19_full.jpg

I hope this is helpful! Let me know what you think!

-Carl

timkan

Recruit

Newbie here, I recently bought an old EBKO. I've never heard of EBKO before and I was surprized to learn of it's rareity. It is a 1979 Cobra, 19', according to the previous owner. He says the motor is a 305 Chevy, it says 228 on the valve covers and the outdrive. Is He correct?, the motor purrs like a kitten, and the 8 track tape player works great. 2broke-- nice woodwork, I have to repair the rear deck as well. jsader-- I am with you on the button look but I do like all of the teak. Thanks for the info all of you, it is cool to know there are other EBKOs out there. I will try to post pics.

Last edited:

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Timkan,
It took me a while to find much info on them... and I think 228hp is about right for the 305. Sadly, I sold my Ebko a little while back... but the new owner is finishing up most, if not all of the little projects I had going on it. I live in a condo and don't have anywhere to store it or work on it, so I had to let the beast go. Good luck on yours, it really is worth the effort! It sounds like you have the biggest hurdle cleared, if it runs well already!

The new owner is on the forum... I'm hoping he'll post some pics to show his progress!

timkan

Recruit

2broke,
Thanks for the 305 info. Sorry to hear about the sale, it looked like you were having fun with the repairs. I am having trouble posting pics, I thik my pics are too big, 566kb. I need to take new ones, will post later.

2broke4this

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No problem! It's sad, but I'm happy that it went to someone who will finish it rather than parting it out. I did have fun working on it... I'm hoping my wife will let me get another boat somewhere down the line... when we have a place to keep it and work on it!

As far as posting pictures, check out the stickies under non-boating technical topics... there are step by step directions in there... all you'll have to do is compress your pictures to make them smaller. There are a number of different ways, so one of the instructions should work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.