84 dyna trak 176

bobkyle2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
well about 5 years ago i sold my baja 210 susport 200hp merc black max... because i thought i was done boating for awhile.... well ive been wanting back in it everysince... finally found a great deal on a 84 ebbtide dynatrack 176 150hp black max.... i love the boat and you cant go wrong with a merc picked it up for 3grand ..loaded with skis lifejackets... new bimini top big unbrella 10 new rod holders and a pretty nice ski pole.. had it for 3 weeks and have taken it about about 15 times... ..... Also new to the forum :D

JoeMoore

Recruit
Re: 84 dyna trak 176

I first saw one of these back in the early 80s. Have wanted one ever since.
So, 6 weeks ago, I bought one. I've spent every available minute since, cleaning, waxing, painting, rewiring, and waiting for parts to come. Took her out last weekend. What a blast ! I'm only running a 90 hp johnson with a 3 blade power prop, but still got 40mph out of her. Smooth on the rough stuff, and stay dry. What a nice designed boat. Fishes like a bass boat, but comfy for
passengers. Eventually want to restore to new condition. She'll be just fine for now.
Gentlemen, lets keep'm on the water ! Any boat restoration clubs out there ? Check out my pic. Any tips, or info on these boats would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 83 dyna trak 1.jpg
    83 dyna trak 1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 0

bobkyle2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

looks good man... i really like mine.. ive redid the trailor wiring.. and all the carpet and boards on the trailor.. put new carpet up front and in the rear of the boat... new seats...now just trying to deciede what to do about the floor and carpet on the floor.. if i want to try to fix it...or just replace it all... its got some weak spots in it ... and im a big boy... i love the ebbtide... i was looking to buy a stratos... but for the money i got in this i couldnt have bought a statos that would be the same caliber of boat

JoeMoore

Recruit

I've got the same problem. Some soft spots in the floor. Plan on replacing this winter. Checked out an article on line, and the right way to do it, since this is a 2 piece hull, is to remove the rub rail and about 150 screws, and lift the top portion off !!! Not sure I'm up for that. Also, does yours take on water ? After each time I've had it out, when I pull the plug, there's always 2-3 gallons in it. I can't figure it out.

bobkyle2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ya... ive read some too.. about the floors...i think im going to just reinforce mine a little to get by for a year or so and then might upgrade to a little bit bigger boat..
mine took on water when i first bought it... and i replaced the metel screw in type plug and bought a new rubber one for the other plug and i beleive it has stopped... i usually have some water from pulling skiers and they get in the boat with water on them... but my bildge pump will pump that right out in a few seconds....... do you have a bildge pump??

bobkyle2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

finally got my windows tinted and got a decent picture of it

boat.jpg