Thinking about a 74 Ebbtide purchase

smokinjoe72

Recruit
I'm considering this ebbtide thats for sale for $1000. I believe its a 74-76 16ft..unsure of the model. When I was a boy, my dad had a 16ft Cobia that resembled this boat. Now that I have a family of my own, I'd like something similar.

This is what the ad says -
"85 hp Mercury outboard with 16ft boat and trailer. Older bowrider boat with trailer , engine runs excellent, fresh tune up. boat has ski tow and is in good condition."

I spoke to the quasi-owner over the phone several times and his father-in-law was the original owner of the boat. It was willed it to his grandson (quasi-owner's step son). He didnt know the exact year of the boat - the grandson has all the details. Apparently it's been covered and maintained. Most of it looks original. The seats have been replaced and possibly some of the cushions, side bumper cushions (sp) from the bow.

I plan on looking at it in a couple days. My first question is does anyone know the model or year from the pictures? And secondly, and most importantly - what should I look for when I inspect the boat. As a hobby I work on cars and rebuild motors so dont go easy one me! :)

I'm happy to see that Ebbtide is still in business. It was also nice to read another member's post on here outlining his rebuild of a similar Ebbtide.

Thx in advance!

IMG_34081.jpg

IMG_34091.jpg

IMG_34101.jpg