1985 Dynatrak 176 S/S

CAMPBELLRUS

Cadet
Wow! It's great to see that alot of mid 80's Dynatraks are still running. I just bought a used 176 S/S with a 150 Johnson GT (man it's fast!) last January and got it on the water for the first time last weekend for a couple of hours.

I noticed alot of water in the bilge area when It was back on the trailer and up the ramp. I didnt run the bilge at all while running the boat but it sure pumped out alot of water on the ramp. Where should I start looking for leaks? Any suggestions about sealing or replacing the fittings in the transom? I will try to look for leaking next time out. Or maybe run water in the bilge area at home and see where it comes out:D

Anyone got a source for orginal Bimini Top replacement? Hardware and maybe canvas.

Great forum!! GO DYNATRAK:)

httrdd007

Cadet
Re: 1985 Dynatrak 176 S/S

Wow! It's great to see that alot of mid 80's Dynatraks are still running. I just bought a used 176 S/S with a 150 Johnson GT (man it's fast!) last January and got it on the water for the first time last weekend for a couple of hours.

I noticed alot of water in the bilge area when It was back on the trailer and up the ramp. I didnt run the bilge at all while running the boat but it sure pumped out alot of water on the ramp. Where should I start looking for leaks? Any suggestions about sealing or replacing the fittings in the transom? I will try to look for leaking next time out. Or maybe run water in the bilge area at home and see where it comes out:D

Anyone got a source for orginal Bimini Top replacement? Hardware and maybe canvas.

Great forum!! GO DYNATRAK:)

Great to hear about another Dyna-Trak! I have not put mine in the water but I will be this weekend! I just got finshed wet sanding and it looks like glass already! I am going to start to buff it out and polish it this weekend and the outside will look like a brand new boat! To follow my restore check the Dyna trak owners thread!

I have a 1987 180ss and my brother freaked out at the amount of water that was bilging out once we left the water, Untill I explained to him that the livewells were unplugged and were draining at the same time. Might check that your not making the same mistake.

Attachments

• on trailer 620280.jpg
    on trailer 620280.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 0

bobkyle2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if you dont mind me askin...do you know how fast this boat runs at wot....