Advice on 2004 2300 Mystique

sped

Cadet
I went into the boat shop for some washers and they showed me a "trade-in" I am thinking about. (The hook is still in me)<G>
I currently have a 1996 Searay 210 Bowrider I am happy with, it but want a little bigger boat with a head onboard.
The boat in question is a 2004 Ebbtide 2300 Mystique, it supposedly has low hours (apx 50) but after looking at it again it has been beat hard. I found the port window was replaced with Plexiglas and some scrapes and cracks in the swim deck and hull. They say they will repair the gouge in the hull but not much else. The head compartment has blue stain all over the carpet and I do not think they will give any warranty on the drive train. They came down on the price to $29000.00.
Should I steer clear of this boat? I know I will have to fix the little things but should I ask (demand) to have the window replaced (safety??)??
Any advice is welcome........

Ed

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Advice on 2004 2300 Mystique

Ed,

I bought a new 2005 Ebbtide 2300 bowrider in 2006. When they stored it in their showroom, they must have backed it into the wall. It had some spider cracking on the rear extended swim platform. The dealer fixed it and the gelcoat matches perfectly. I have not had a problem with the repair since. If you are talking about some gouges in the fiberglass from dock etc, that can be repaired no problem.

I broke my center window on the windshield. I now always snap it in place while moving. You can not just get the OEM glass replaced. I had to order the glass/frame . I want to say it was $325. Dealer order it for me before telling me the price. I was like WTF!! I initially had some tinted plexi in it and it worked fine. I doubt he will pay for the window

I dont know the engine/drive combo in your boat or if it has a trailer, have to take that into consideration for price. But Ebbtides are more expensicve. I have the 6.2 MPI Bravo 1. I hope you have at least a 5.7 or 350 MAgnum. 50 hrs 29K. The boat is solid, I run it everyyear for vaca at Lake of the Ozarks. It takes the chop very well.

Last edited:

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

attachment.php

Attachments

• web boat.jpg
    web boat.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 0

jfspadar

Cadet

Tabes117... I bought a 2001 2300 Mystique last fall. It's been instorage since I bought it. It has the 5.7L engine (260HP). I have 2 questions:

1. I'm concerned if it will have enough power to get a skier out of the hole easily w/ 8 to 10 people in the boat. My kids are new to skiing and if I have to drag them through half the lake before they get on the water they may not stick w/ it.

2. You said you go to Lake of Ozarks w/ your boat. I've thought about taking my boat there this summer. Any tips on where to stay, what parts of the lake are good, etc.?

Thanks

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You should be fine. Pulling a kid out on a regular pair of skies does not take much. 8-10 people, that would be a mixture of adults and kids correct? Weight of the people, plus the coolers and equipment. Don't forget if you have a full tank of gas. If its a bravo3 it should get you out of the hole fine. I have a bravo1. Originally had a 23 pitch prop. Gave me great top end but it was a dog out of the hole. I dropped down to a 19 pitch and now have a great hole shot.

Ozarks is a blast! check out www.vrbo.com I always rent a condo from a private party. You get so much more room for the money. Location depends on what you want to do. Quiet side of the lake is Camdenton. Horseshoe bend and Osage beach is more of the party side. The Clown, Dogdays, Frankie & Louies are great restaurant bars with live bands on weekends. http://www.coconutsatthelake.com/ Captain Ron's and Frankie & Louies have great swim beaches at the bar for the kids. Then there is the PARTY COVE! DO NOT bring the kids!! mardi gra on the water. I went with my buddies and my wife immediately deleted my pictures......... Launch and store your trailer at state park.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

*Forgot* Be prepared the lake gets CHOPPY all day Saturday and Sunday til around 5pm. Normally on Saturday we find a nice cove and anchor and swim. I mean CHOPPY.